Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home for Christmas

YAY! I WILL be home for Christmas according to my schedule. I saw my oncologist yesterday and found out that I will be going in for chemo on the 16th. I'll be in the hospital for about 4-5 days. This is the "rough round," so I am praying that I don't get so sick I end up back in the hospital during Christmas. Will you please pray with me that this round goes miraculously well? We are going to pull out the tree tonight and put it up. Then we'll work on decorating it tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully by Sunday It'll actually look like Christmas around here!

We got home from Gainesville on Monday. My hospital stay wasn't nearly as long as I expected, so I was very happy about that. However, the surgery hurt a whole lot more than I expected. That I wasn't so happy about. I'm still really, really sore. The meds that they gave me when discharged didn't work well at all. Yesterday my Dr. wrote me a different prescription and although it is helping a little more, I'm still very sore. The good news is that the nodule that was removed was dead and no longer cancerous!! Which means the nodule on my left lung has likely responded the same way to the chemo. They will not worry about removing that nodule until I am done with my chemo. My oncologist in Gainesville is very pleased with this information. It is a really great thing that the chemo is doing it's job and very encouraging. I have to so that I am so thankful for modern medicines and the advances that the medical community has made in just the last several years. I hope and pray that one day they will find a cure for cancer. It is amazing to me the knowledge that God allows mankind. Even those that refuse to acknowledge Him.

Anyway, the next week of being home will be very enjoyable. I plan on trying to celebrate the season with Jarred as much as possible. I'll also be doing A LOT of school work with him! 5th grade is really killing us! There is just so much they have to do and know. He's working on a "Nation Notebook" right now. It is a detailed report on a nation of his choice. He choose Russia which I really know nothing about, so it's a learning experience for both of us. Speaking of which, if any of you know of a good, kid friendly Russian recipe I need it! He has to make and bring a Russian dish to their International Christmas party next Thursday. I'm at a complete loss as to what to make and the internet (for once) is not being very helpful. Everything I find is either very involved, doesn't have a picture, or doesn't sound appetizing.

Well, I have a lot to do and need to find the motivation to do it, so I better step away from the computer! Thank you all for your prayers and I hope that you are enjoying the Christmas season as much as we are :)

2 comments:

ptucran said...

Oh, Jillian that is such great news about the nodule free of cancer. you are right GOD does give the Drs knowledge in medicine and a dr who truly understands that, is a great Dr. Have fun with your sweet Jarred. and I will continue to pray for you a complete healing, love ya ♥

Lisa Smith said...

Hi Jillian!
I had a high grade breast sarcoma removed in February. My story is truly miraculous. According to my oncologist at M D Anserson I am "the one" who beat the odds this year. I haven't needed chemo!
I am praying right now for your miraculous healing & beautiful story of faith to touch many!! Also praying for your son. I have 4 children too.
I hope to read more of your story when I h e more time but wanted you to know I've got you covered today.
In Christ,
Lisa

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Home for Christmas

YAY! I WILL be home for Christmas according to my schedule. I saw my oncologist yesterday and found out that I will be going in for chemo on the 16th. I'll be in the hospital for about 4-5 days. This is the "rough round," so I am praying that I don't get so sick I end up back in the hospital during Christmas. Will you please pray with me that this round goes miraculously well? We are going to pull out the tree tonight and put it up. Then we'll work on decorating it tomorrow and Saturday. Hopefully by Sunday It'll actually look like Christmas around here!

We got home from Gainesville on Monday. My hospital stay wasn't nearly as long as I expected, so I was very happy about that. However, the surgery hurt a whole lot more than I expected. That I wasn't so happy about. I'm still really, really sore. The meds that they gave me when discharged didn't work well at all. Yesterday my Dr. wrote me a different prescription and although it is helping a little more, I'm still very sore. The good news is that the nodule that was removed was dead and no longer cancerous!! Which means the nodule on my left lung has likely responded the same way to the chemo. They will not worry about removing that nodule until I am done with my chemo. My oncologist in Gainesville is very pleased with this information. It is a really great thing that the chemo is doing it's job and very encouraging. I have to so that I am so thankful for modern medicines and the advances that the medical community has made in just the last several years. I hope and pray that one day they will find a cure for cancer. It is amazing to me the knowledge that God allows mankind. Even those that refuse to acknowledge Him.

Anyway, the next week of being home will be very enjoyable. I plan on trying to celebrate the season with Jarred as much as possible. I'll also be doing A LOT of school work with him! 5th grade is really killing us! There is just so much they have to do and know. He's working on a "Nation Notebook" right now. It is a detailed report on a nation of his choice. He choose Russia which I really know nothing about, so it's a learning experience for both of us. Speaking of which, if any of you know of a good, kid friendly Russian recipe I need it! He has to make and bring a Russian dish to their International Christmas party next Thursday. I'm at a complete loss as to what to make and the internet (for once) is not being very helpful. Everything I find is either very involved, doesn't have a picture, or doesn't sound appetizing.

Well, I have a lot to do and need to find the motivation to do it, so I better step away from the computer! Thank you all for your prayers and I hope that you are enjoying the Christmas season as much as we are :)

2 comments:

ptucran said...

Oh, Jillian that is such great news about the nodule free of cancer. you are right GOD does give the Drs knowledge in medicine and a dr who truly understands that, is a great Dr. Have fun with your sweet Jarred. and I will continue to pray for you a complete healing, love ya ♥

Lisa Smith said...

Hi Jillian!
I had a high grade breast sarcoma removed in February. My story is truly miraculous. According to my oncologist at M D Anserson I am "the one" who beat the odds this year. I haven't needed chemo!
I am praying right now for your miraculous healing & beautiful story of faith to touch many!! Also praying for your son. I have 4 children too.
I hope to read more of your story when I h e more time but wanted you to know I've got you covered today.
In Christ,
Lisa