Thursday, February 3, 2011
Ready for the Next Round
Amanda, my friend from Wisconsin that had been here since November, left this week. Her presence is deeply missed. She was a great companion/caretaker for me. I hated to see her leave. Unfortunately her grandfather passed away rather suddenly which is why she had to go home so early. So, If you would keep her and her grandmother and family in your prayers I know they would appreciate it. Amanda is also considering moving down this way and I know that she would appreciate your prayers for the Lord's guidance in that area of her life as well. For those of you that got to meet her while she was here you know what a sweet girl she is and she managed to work her way into our hearts rather quickly. So I would be happy to have her here, but only if that is what the Lord wants for her life.
Jarred is doing alright. We are still muddling through the fifth grade. This year has proved to be very challenging. We've had to do so much more studying at home than in years past. He's a trooper though and is handling the load to the best of his ability. He keeps me giggling when I'm home and I'm pleased to say that as of lately we've reached a whole new level of bonding. Which is really great considering that now he wants to talk to me about "stuff" and we've established that it's good for him to do this before he hits those crazy teenager years. My prayer is that our line of communication will always be open and he will be able to come to me with anything and that I can have the grace I'll need when he does come. I don't want to be one of those parents that are always flipping out on him, but I don't want him to think I'm his buddy either. I just want him to trust me enough to share his heart, whatever may be on it. He is a sweet and caring young man and I look forward to seeing the man that he will become. I know that if he allows, God will do some wonderful things with his life.
Other things that have been filling my days at home include watching movies (big surprise there!), reading (still LOVING my Kindle!), attempting to knit, drinking tea, and studying or goofing off with Jarred. I have a sweet friend, Lori over at Ellenay Designs who is willing to put up with my amateur knitting and start a knitting group with me. We may be small, but we are mighty! You should check out her website. She makes the most beautiful jewelry. All handmade and with a lot of vintage/antique pieces. She's got some great stuff on there for Valentines Day. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a visit from her today to do some knitting, cooking and tea drinking. A nice way to spend a cold, overcast day if I do say so myself. So I have a fun filled afternoon ahead of me. Oh, and I am FINALLY getting new flooring in my apartment. If you've been here you know what a great thing this is! As soon as I go into the hospital a friend from church will be ripping up the carpet and putting down wood laminate flooring. Ahhhhh, I can't wait. It will look so much nicer in here. Not to mention easier for me to get around without tripping over the stupid carpet!
Well that's about all the news from here. Let me know what's going on in your neck of the woods!
Thursday, February 3, 2011
Ready for the Next Round
Amanda, my friend from Wisconsin that had been here since November, left this week. Her presence is deeply missed. She was a great companion/caretaker for me. I hated to see her leave. Unfortunately her grandfather passed away rather suddenly which is why she had to go home so early. So, If you would keep her and her grandmother and family in your prayers I know they would appreciate it. Amanda is also considering moving down this way and I know that she would appreciate your prayers for the Lord's guidance in that area of her life as well. For those of you that got to meet her while she was here you know what a sweet girl she is and she managed to work her way into our hearts rather quickly. So I would be happy to have her here, but only if that is what the Lord wants for her life.
Jarred is doing alright. We are still muddling through the fifth grade. This year has proved to be very challenging. We've had to do so much more studying at home than in years past. He's a trooper though and is handling the load to the best of his ability. He keeps me giggling when I'm home and I'm pleased to say that as of lately we've reached a whole new level of bonding. Which is really great considering that now he wants to talk to me about "stuff" and we've established that it's good for him to do this before he hits those crazy teenager years. My prayer is that our line of communication will always be open and he will be able to come to me with anything and that I can have the grace I'll need when he does come. I don't want to be one of those parents that are always flipping out on him, but I don't want him to think I'm his buddy either. I just want him to trust me enough to share his heart, whatever may be on it. He is a sweet and caring young man and I look forward to seeing the man that he will become. I know that if he allows, God will do some wonderful things with his life.
Other things that have been filling my days at home include watching movies (big surprise there!), reading (still LOVING my Kindle!), attempting to knit, drinking tea, and studying or goofing off with Jarred. I have a sweet friend, Lori over at Ellenay Designs who is willing to put up with my amateur knitting and start a knitting group with me. We may be small, but we are mighty! You should check out her website. She makes the most beautiful jewelry. All handmade and with a lot of vintage/antique pieces. She's got some great stuff on there for Valentines Day. Anyway, I'm looking forward to a visit from her today to do some knitting, cooking and tea drinking. A nice way to spend a cold, overcast day if I do say so myself. So I have a fun filled afternoon ahead of me. Oh, and I am FINALLY getting new flooring in my apartment. If you've been here you know what a great thing this is! As soon as I go into the hospital a friend from church will be ripping up the carpet and putting down wood laminate flooring. Ahhhhh, I can't wait. It will look so much nicer in here. Not to mention easier for me to get around without tripping over the stupid carpet!
Well that's about all the news from here. Let me know what's going on in your neck of the woods!
4 comments:
- momof5girls said...
-
Yay, it's so good to hear from you. I hope your blood counts get back where they belong not only so you can finish up your treatments, but just so you can feel good again.
I am just looking so forward to the sunshine again! I just pray Shauna and family out-run the rain on the way home. I'm going to miss giving Jakey atleast 2 "baffs" a day. He loves his bubble baths and about half way through a meal he would start saying "baff, baff", lol. As soon as I'd put him down from his chair he'd run as fast as his little chubby baby legs would carry him and start throwing his toys in the tub. He is such a sweety, I look forward to the day they all can move closer. I pray Amber and family can move atleast a few hours away.
I'm glad you had Amanda here. You are right, she was a blessing and she DID work her way quite quickly into a lot of our hearts. I pray the Lord will see fit to bring her back permanently.
We've been praying for Jarred and Charity in this trying 5th grade situation. It will make them stronger once they succeed. Just encourage him as you have been and pop the whip when needed. He's a smart person just like his M♥m. I know he'll persevere and accomplish more than he thought possible with your quidance.
I love you, sweet girl and pray these tumultuous days are soon behind you. -
February 3, 2011 at 1:30 PM
- ♥TINKER BELLA♥ said...
-
Dropping by
to say I love you girl and praying for you everyday. When are you and the girls knitting again? Can i be in it too? I'm looking for friends time to get away from it all...me find a babysitter and come to your house..lol
Well i beete go now..ttfn..God Bless -
February 3, 2011 at 3:08 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
I'm happiest of all to hear that you and Jarred are enjoying each other so much these days:) Out of everything in your life, I know that being a mother to Jarred, a godly mother to him, is your heart's desire. To hear you talk about the sweet times you two are sharing and enjoying together makes me smile:)
I love you, my sweet friend and pray for you all the time.
<3 , Carrie -
February 4, 2011 at 11:43 AM
- Chic Magnolia's said...
-
Thanks for the commercial! :)
I am so hoping and praying with you that you can get your chemo done and have this chapter over. I'm so thankful to have you as a friend. You handle all of this so well, and I know you give God all the credit for that. Take care, my knitting friend. I look forward to getting to hang out with you again soon. -
February 4, 2011 at 5:49 PM
4 comments:
Yay, it's so good to hear from you. I hope your blood counts get back where they belong not only so you can finish up your treatments, but just so you can feel good again.
I am just looking so forward to the sunshine again! I just pray Shauna and family out-run the rain on the way home. I'm going to miss giving Jakey atleast 2 "baffs" a day. He loves his bubble baths and about half way through a meal he would start saying "baff, baff", lol. As soon as I'd put him down from his chair he'd run as fast as his little chubby baby legs would carry him and start throwing his toys in the tub. He is such a sweety, I look forward to the day they all can move closer. I pray Amber and family can move atleast a few hours away.
I'm glad you had Amanda here. You are right, she was a blessing and she DID work her way quite quickly into a lot of our hearts. I pray the Lord will see fit to bring her back permanently.
We've been praying for Jarred and Charity in this trying 5th grade situation. It will make them stronger once they succeed. Just encourage him as you have been and pop the whip when needed. He's a smart person just like his M♥m. I know he'll persevere and accomplish more than he thought possible with your quidance.
I love you, sweet girl and pray these tumultuous days are soon behind you.
Dropping by
to say I love you girl and praying for you everyday. When are you and the girls knitting again? Can i be in it too? I'm looking for friends time to get away from it all...me find a babysitter and come to your house..lol
Well i beete go now..ttfn..God Bless
I'm happiest of all to hear that you and Jarred are enjoying each other so much these days:) Out of everything in your life, I know that being a mother to Jarred, a godly mother to him, is your heart's desire. To hear you talk about the sweet times you two are sharing and enjoying together makes me smile:)
I love you, my sweet friend and pray for you all the time.
<3 , Carrie
Thanks for the commercial! :)
I am so hoping and praying with you that you can get your chemo done and have this chapter over. I'm so thankful to have you as a friend. You handle all of this so well, and I know you give God all the credit for that. Take care, my knitting friend. I look forward to getting to hang out with you again soon.
Post a Comment