Well, I finished my last round of chemo and have been back home for a while now. Although I have also been in and out of the hospital several times since then for one reason or another. Currently I am in for a colon infection called C. Diff (I think).
It's so hard to believe that it's been a year since my diagnosis and I am moving onto the next stage. I look back and am overwhelmed with what God has done in my life and how He has carried me through the last year. I know that if I were to look in the sand I would certainly see one set of footprints, His. I look forward and am overwhelmed as well with what lies ahead and moving on to the next stages of life. Don't get me wrong, right now I am a happy overwhelmed. But overwhelmed nonetheless. The fact that this is moving onto the next stage is still quite surreal for me. It's still slowly sinking in. I think that I will be more excited and happy once I get a clean bill of health from Shands. I am set to go there for testing on April 20th & 21st and to have surgery to remove the nodule on my left lung on the 22nd. I am a bit anxious about all of this, especially the surgery and will be much more at ease once it is over with and I can begin recovering.
I am also hoping to be back home in time to make it to Relay for Life. I missed it last year because I was in the hospital and I will still be hurting this year from the surgery, but I figure if I can take some pain meds and sit in my wheelchair and get pushed around for at least a couple of laps that will do a lot to lift my spirits. So pray with me that the surgery goes well and that they are able to do the least invasive surgery possible and that I will be able to make it to Relay for Life. Subsequently, if you would like to donate to our Relay for Life team use this link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=29622&team_id=923920 We would love to see our goal reach $1000. We will be walking the 29th & 30th of April.
Well that's about all the news I can think of from here. Thank you for your continued prayers and I will keep you updated on what's to come. I truly appreciate all of your prayers, encouragement, and support over the past year. Without the Lord and you dear friends I don't know how I would have made it through this rough year. I love you all and thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
<3 Jillian
Friday, April 8, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Friday, April 8, 2011
Overwhelmed
Well, I finished my last round of chemo and have been back home for a while now. Although I have also been in and out of the hospital several times since then for one reason or another. Currently I am in for a colon infection called C. Diff (I think).
It's so hard to believe that it's been a year since my diagnosis and I am moving onto the next stage. I look back and am overwhelmed with what God has done in my life and how He has carried me through the last year. I know that if I were to look in the sand I would certainly see one set of footprints, His. I look forward and am overwhelmed as well with what lies ahead and moving on to the next stages of life. Don't get me wrong, right now I am a happy overwhelmed. But overwhelmed nonetheless. The fact that this is moving onto the next stage is still quite surreal for me. It's still slowly sinking in. I think that I will be more excited and happy once I get a clean bill of health from Shands. I am set to go there for testing on April 20th & 21st and to have surgery to remove the nodule on my left lung on the 22nd. I am a bit anxious about all of this, especially the surgery and will be much more at ease once it is over with and I can begin recovering.
I am also hoping to be back home in time to make it to Relay for Life. I missed it last year because I was in the hospital and I will still be hurting this year from the surgery, but I figure if I can take some pain meds and sit in my wheelchair and get pushed around for at least a couple of laps that will do a lot to lift my spirits. So pray with me that the surgery goes well and that they are able to do the least invasive surgery possible and that I will be able to make it to Relay for Life. Subsequently, if you would like to donate to our Relay for Life team use this link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=29622&team_id=923920 We would love to see our goal reach $1000. We will be walking the 29th & 30th of April.
Well that's about all the news I can think of from here. Thank you for your continued prayers and I will keep you updated on what's to come. I truly appreciate all of your prayers, encouragement, and support over the past year. Without the Lord and you dear friends I don't know how I would have made it through this rough year. I love you all and thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
<3 Jillian
It's so hard to believe that it's been a year since my diagnosis and I am moving onto the next stage. I look back and am overwhelmed with what God has done in my life and how He has carried me through the last year. I know that if I were to look in the sand I would certainly see one set of footprints, His. I look forward and am overwhelmed as well with what lies ahead and moving on to the next stages of life. Don't get me wrong, right now I am a happy overwhelmed. But overwhelmed nonetheless. The fact that this is moving onto the next stage is still quite surreal for me. It's still slowly sinking in. I think that I will be more excited and happy once I get a clean bill of health from Shands. I am set to go there for testing on April 20th & 21st and to have surgery to remove the nodule on my left lung on the 22nd. I am a bit anxious about all of this, especially the surgery and will be much more at ease once it is over with and I can begin recovering.
I am also hoping to be back home in time to make it to Relay for Life. I missed it last year because I was in the hospital and I will still be hurting this year from the surgery, but I figure if I can take some pain meds and sit in my wheelchair and get pushed around for at least a couple of laps that will do a lot to lift my spirits. So pray with me that the surgery goes well and that they are able to do the least invasive surgery possible and that I will be able to make it to Relay for Life. Subsequently, if you would like to donate to our Relay for Life team use this link: http://main.acsevents.org/site/TR?pg=team&fr_id=29622&team_id=923920 We would love to see our goal reach $1000. We will be walking the 29th & 30th of April.
Well that's about all the news I can think of from here. Thank you for your continued prayers and I will keep you updated on what's to come. I truly appreciate all of your prayers, encouragement, and support over the past year. Without the Lord and you dear friends I don't know how I would have made it through this rough year. I love you all and thank you again from the bottom of my heart.
<3 Jillian
1 comment:
- ptucran said...
-
I will pray for you Jillian. you are such encouragement to me. You humble me in so many ways. GOD bless
-
April 9, 2011 at 12:11 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I will pray for you Jillian. you are such encouragement to me. You humble me in so many ways. GOD bless
Post a Comment