Here's a peak in case you're as
Please excuse the poor picture quality... a photographer I am not! This was taken with my phone.
I also want to share with you one of my favorite green smoothie recipes as well today. I'm not a huge breakfast person. Although, I do live with a breakfast person, so I often cook a big bfast for my son and then eat a small portion of that or more often a green smoothie. It's a great way to start the day and get my veggies in right off the bat. It tastes really great too!
Today, I made this smoothie as kind of a mid afternoon snack. Here's a pic. It's usually a lot "greener," but I used red kale in this one instead of the usual green kale. I gave my son the smaller glass as I am still trying to turn him onto these.
I found this guide for creating a green smoothie on Pinterest sometime back and it has not failed me yet! Of course, you can just throw in whatever you like, but this helped me to realize what I should be adding in to get a well rounded and very nutritious smoothie.
My recipe is usually as follows:
1 cup organic almond milk
2 cups kale
1/2 a frozen banana
1 kiwi
1 tbsp chia seeds
1 tbsp coconut oil
1 tsp maca root powder
1 tsp cacao nibs
1 tsp hemp protein powder
1 tsp/squirt honey ( I usually forget this and it is just fine without it)
Blend until well blended... Then add a handful of ice and blend again.
Enjoy!!

No comments:
Post a Comment