It is really sad when you see that you have only posted 4 times in 2009!!! To be perfectly honest I hardly sit at my desk at home anymore. This has been a crazy busy semester.
As you may know from previous posts, I am taking several classes this semester including Pre-Calc. It started out really bad at the beginning of the semester. I started really praying about it-that God would provide a tutor and a way to help me out- and of course He was right on time. I have a great tutor and my boss has also been very lenient with me in allowing me to visit the math lab weekly. What a difference all the extra effort has made!! I went from getting a D on the first test to a 95/A on a test this week. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I know that it is all His doing in me getting this stuff. I mean I am the girl that can barely add without a calculator and math was my most hated subject in high school!!
Through all the stress of this semester I kept seeing the verses "With God all things are possible," "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me," and "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." As well as many others relating to the words "all things." It dawned on me that all things means an awful lot!! I needed to just trust in Him more and lean on Him because that is the only way that I would make it through this semester or wait... this life!!
Committing myself to God is not always easy. It is far easier in theory than in reality. I do desire to be a dedicated, separated, living for Christ Christian. It is my hearts deepest desire, but I too struggle daily and have to constantly be reminded to take up my cross daily.
Even today I woke up despondent and discouraged. It was all that I could do to drag myself to work. I had to be reminded again that part of dying to myself is getting my lazy self out of bed and not allowing my flesh to have the rule over me. My heart was downcast for a good part of the morning, and finally I got God's word back out and read several verses about comfort. In about 15 minutes I went from being on the verge of tears to laughing. He is there every time we need Him and even better, when we think that we don't!
There has been a lot going on with me lately. Some things I am not ready to share with the public. But God is up to something....... I'm not quite sure what yet. But in this situation that makes me sometimes want to shout with joy and other times cry, He is showing me things little by little. He is giving me glimpses of a life that one day will be..... Hope for a future that I so desire...... an appreciation for waiting and seeing His will unfold.......and most of all gratitude for His work in me. A gratitude that does restore my joy daily-even in the mist of my sorrow-and leaves me in awe for the perfect work that He is doing in me.
I hope that you know the joy that comes with being saved. I hope that your heart sings with gratitude when you look back at the past and see what God has done for you.
This verse is also one that I have been claiming more so every day as my current circumstances makes me want to analyze every aspect of what God could possibly be doing. I am daily brought back to this truth:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3:5-6
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Thursday, March 19, 2009
Quick Update: A new look and Testimony to God's goodness
It is really sad when you see that you have only posted 4 times in 2009!!! To be perfectly honest I hardly sit at my desk at home anymore. This has been a crazy busy semester.
As you may know from previous posts, I am taking several classes this semester including Pre-Calc. It started out really bad at the beginning of the semester. I started really praying about it-that God would provide a tutor and a way to help me out- and of course He was right on time. I have a great tutor and my boss has also been very lenient with me in allowing me to visit the math lab weekly. What a difference all the extra effort has made!! I went from getting a D on the first test to a 95/A on a test this week. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I know that it is all His doing in me getting this stuff. I mean I am the girl that can barely add without a calculator and math was my most hated subject in high school!!
Through all the stress of this semester I kept seeing the verses "With God all things are possible," "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me," and "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." As well as many others relating to the words "all things." It dawned on me that all things means an awful lot!! I needed to just trust in Him more and lean on Him because that is the only way that I would make it through this semester or wait... this life!!
Committing myself to God is not always easy. It is far easier in theory than in reality. I do desire to be a dedicated, separated, living for Christ Christian. It is my hearts deepest desire, but I too struggle daily and have to constantly be reminded to take up my cross daily.
Even today I woke up despondent and discouraged. It was all that I could do to drag myself to work. I had to be reminded again that part of dying to myself is getting my lazy self out of bed and not allowing my flesh to have the rule over me. My heart was downcast for a good part of the morning, and finally I got God's word back out and read several verses about comfort. In about 15 minutes I went from being on the verge of tears to laughing. He is there every time we need Him and even better, when we think that we don't!
There has been a lot going on with me lately. Some things I am not ready to share with the public. But God is up to something....... I'm not quite sure what yet. But in this situation that makes me sometimes want to shout with joy and other times cry, He is showing me things little by little. He is giving me glimpses of a life that one day will be..... Hope for a future that I so desire...... an appreciation for waiting and seeing His will unfold.......and most of all gratitude for His work in me. A gratitude that does restore my joy daily-even in the mist of my sorrow-and leaves me in awe for the perfect work that He is doing in me.
I hope that you know the joy that comes with being saved. I hope that your heart sings with gratitude when you look back at the past and see what God has done for you.
This verse is also one that I have been claiming more so every day as my current circumstances makes me want to analyze every aspect of what God could possibly be doing. I am daily brought back to this truth:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3:5-6
As you may know from previous posts, I am taking several classes this semester including Pre-Calc. It started out really bad at the beginning of the semester. I started really praying about it-that God would provide a tutor and a way to help me out- and of course He was right on time. I have a great tutor and my boss has also been very lenient with me in allowing me to visit the math lab weekly. What a difference all the extra effort has made!! I went from getting a D on the first test to a 95/A on a test this week. PRAISE THE LORD!!! I know that it is all His doing in me getting this stuff. I mean I am the girl that can barely add without a calculator and math was my most hated subject in high school!!
Through all the stress of this semester I kept seeing the verses "With God all things are possible," "I can do all things through Christ which strengtheneth me," and "If thou canst believe, all things are possible to him that believeth." As well as many others relating to the words "all things." It dawned on me that all things means an awful lot!! I needed to just trust in Him more and lean on Him because that is the only way that I would make it through this semester or wait... this life!!
Committing myself to God is not always easy. It is far easier in theory than in reality. I do desire to be a dedicated, separated, living for Christ Christian. It is my hearts deepest desire, but I too struggle daily and have to constantly be reminded to take up my cross daily.
Even today I woke up despondent and discouraged. It was all that I could do to drag myself to work. I had to be reminded again that part of dying to myself is getting my lazy self out of bed and not allowing my flesh to have the rule over me. My heart was downcast for a good part of the morning, and finally I got God's word back out and read several verses about comfort. In about 15 minutes I went from being on the verge of tears to laughing. He is there every time we need Him and even better, when we think that we don't!
There has been a lot going on with me lately. Some things I am not ready to share with the public. But God is up to something....... I'm not quite sure what yet. But in this situation that makes me sometimes want to shout with joy and other times cry, He is showing me things little by little. He is giving me glimpses of a life that one day will be..... Hope for a future that I so desire...... an appreciation for waiting and seeing His will unfold.......and most of all gratitude for His work in me. A gratitude that does restore my joy daily-even in the mist of my sorrow-and leaves me in awe for the perfect work that He is doing in me.
I hope that you know the joy that comes with being saved. I hope that your heart sings with gratitude when you look back at the past and see what God has done for you.
This verse is also one that I have been claiming more so every day as my current circumstances makes me want to analyze every aspect of what God could possibly be doing. I am daily brought back to this truth:
"Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
In all thy ways acknowledge him, and he shall direct thy paths" Proverbs 3:5-6
1 comment:
-
Anonymous said...
-
Thanks for sharing that verse. I needed that reminder!
-
April 23, 2009 at 2:10 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that verse. I needed that reminder!
Post a Comment