Monday, January 4, 2010
A little bit about consistency
Right now I'm still looking at things one day at a time, which is exactly what I feel the Lord would have me do. I think that so often I loose the consistency battle because I am thinking of the long haul rather than just taking things one minute, hour, or day at a time.
Tonight when I was reading I stumbled across a note in my bible that really spoke to me about consistency and wanted to share it here as well.
"The story of Noah's life involves not one, but two great and tragic floods. The world in Noah's day was flooded with evil. Of God's people, only Noah remembered the God of creation, perfection, and love. God's response to this severe situation was a 120-year-long last chance, during which he had Noah build a graphic illustration of the message of his life. For Noah, obedience meant a long-term commitment to a project.
"Many of us have trouble sticking to any project, whether or not it is directed by God. It is interesting that the length of Noah's obedience was greater than the life span of people today. Our only comparable long-term project is our very lives. But perhaps this is one great challenge Noah's life gives us - to live an entire lifetime of obedience and gratitude." Taken from KJV, Life Application Study Bible's personality profile on Noah.
This just reminds me of how short I fall of God's grace and how undeserving I am of His perfect gift. However, He loves me more than I can even comprehend and I am ever so thankful for that. Really, He just wants my obedience. All my life. One second at a time. One minute at a time. One hour at a time. One day at a time. And after a lifetime of me trying my best to obey and follow Him, I hope to look back and see consistency. I'm not now. I can't be on my own. BUT..... With God all things are possible. So it is on His holy name that I call and ask to help me live this life consistently by faith.
Monday, January 4, 2010
A little bit about consistency
Right now I'm still looking at things one day at a time, which is exactly what I feel the Lord would have me do. I think that so often I loose the consistency battle because I am thinking of the long haul rather than just taking things one minute, hour, or day at a time.
Tonight when I was reading I stumbled across a note in my bible that really spoke to me about consistency and wanted to share it here as well.
"The story of Noah's life involves not one, but two great and tragic floods. The world in Noah's day was flooded with evil. Of God's people, only Noah remembered the God of creation, perfection, and love. God's response to this severe situation was a 120-year-long last chance, during which he had Noah build a graphic illustration of the message of his life. For Noah, obedience meant a long-term commitment to a project.
"Many of us have trouble sticking to any project, whether or not it is directed by God. It is interesting that the length of Noah's obedience was greater than the life span of people today. Our only comparable long-term project is our very lives. But perhaps this is one great challenge Noah's life gives us - to live an entire lifetime of obedience and gratitude." Taken from KJV, Life Application Study Bible's personality profile on Noah.
This just reminds me of how short I fall of God's grace and how undeserving I am of His perfect gift. However, He loves me more than I can even comprehend and I am ever so thankful for that. Really, He just wants my obedience. All my life. One second at a time. One minute at a time. One hour at a time. One day at a time. And after a lifetime of me trying my best to obey and follow Him, I hope to look back and see consistency. I'm not now. I can't be on my own. BUT..... With God all things are possible. So it is on His holy name that I call and ask to help me live this life consistently by faith.
4 comments:
- The Huffs said...
-
hey girl, just wanted to let ya know that i have been reading your blogs lately, and you are such an encouragement to me! i don't make new year's resolutions, but i do want my walk with the Lord to be so much more closer than it has been, and it is nice to be able to relate to your blogs, your attitude through what you have been through has been amazing and a great example for me (i tend to be a somewhat negative person at times). i don't know you personally, but your positiveness and friendliness is so noticeable to me, even from just being your facebook friend=) your testimony is a blessing to me. keep on posting!
-
January 4, 2010 at 9:32 PM
- shauna said...
-
Consistency is something that every person on this earth has to struggle with. I just thank the Lord that he is consistent with us, not the way we are with him. Pastor has been encouraging everyone at church to try to read through their Bible this year. I guess y'all are on the same track :) I am glad you're blogging again, if only because life gets busy and sometimes we can't talk, but we can still keep up with each other. Love ya and I'll see ya on Thursday.
-
January 5, 2010 at 9:05 AM
- Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...
-
I have a hard time with consistency. I do ok with reading and praying in morning, but sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions.
-
January 6, 2010 at 9:27 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
You are SO stinkin' awesome, Jillian! The part about obedience to God beinga longterm project totally hit the nail on the head for me (ouch, LOL). I keep feeling like I need projects, causes, things to get me through this earthly life. Isn't striving to be our best self for our Father enough? Isn't learning about God daily and knowing that every single second we're connecting more and more to him, deeper and closer, a project in itself? In fact, the worthiest of all causes?
Your post just really spoke to me, and it was exactly what I needed to hear today. :o)
Thanks for sharing your heart and have a WONDERFUL rest of the week, beautiful mama!
Kel -
February 24, 2010 at 9:59 AM
4 comments:
hey girl, just wanted to let ya know that i have been reading your blogs lately, and you are such an encouragement to me! i don't make new year's resolutions, but i do want my walk with the Lord to be so much more closer than it has been, and it is nice to be able to relate to your blogs, your attitude through what you have been through has been amazing and a great example for me (i tend to be a somewhat negative person at times). i don't know you personally, but your positiveness and friendliness is so noticeable to me, even from just being your facebook friend=) your testimony is a blessing to me. keep on posting!
Consistency is something that every person on this earth has to struggle with. I just thank the Lord that he is consistent with us, not the way we are with him. Pastor has been encouraging everyone at church to try to read through their Bible this year. I guess y'all are on the same track :) I am glad you're blogging again, if only because life gets busy and sometimes we can't talk, but we can still keep up with each other. Love ya and I'll see ya on Thursday.
I have a hard time with consistency. I do ok with reading and praying in morning, but sometimes I feel like I'm just going through the motions.
You are SO stinkin' awesome, Jillian! The part about obedience to God beinga longterm project totally hit the nail on the head for me (ouch, LOL). I keep feeling like I need projects, causes, things to get me through this earthly life. Isn't striving to be our best self for our Father enough? Isn't learning about God daily and knowing that every single second we're connecting more and more to him, deeper and closer, a project in itself? In fact, the worthiest of all causes?
Your post just really spoke to me, and it was exactly what I needed to hear today. :o)
Thanks for sharing your heart and have a WONDERFUL rest of the week, beautiful mama!
Kel
Post a Comment