Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Welcome to you and 2010. Just the other day I took the time to go through all the posts that I have had since I started this blog and it was such a blessing to me. I don't keep a journal or scrapbook and I hardly develop pictures. However, this blog seems to do all that for me and more. I considered closing down recently because I had been so lackadaisical in my blogging attempts and figured no one really reads it anyway, but after my little walk down memory lane I have decided to press forward and do it for me. I don't really care if anyone reads this or not, it is therapeutic for me to put down my thoughts and a blessing to me to look back and see the things God has done and what He alone has brought me through. So..... onward I type :)

Speaking of that.... the name of my blog is derived from a passage in Psalms. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass." 37:4. The original desire of this blog was to share my walk with the Lord. A way to document trials, tribulations, valley's, triumphs, and mountaintops. Also to share daily life and to journal in a way for myself to look back on. I would very much like for my focus in this blog to be about how I'm committing to the Lord daily. How I'm walking. I would like for it to be a real testimony to what's going on in my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly! And what a better time to discuss those very things than now in this valley I find myself in.

I'm not much anymore for New Year's resolutions. I do think however, that it is healthy and good for a person to set goals. I have so many things that I would love to accomplish and do this year. So many things in me that need changing, but apart from God and His word none of it is really possible. So, my one goal (that I hope and know will lead to many wonderful things) is to read through the bible Chronologically this year. I got a new study bible for Christmas and have really been enjoying reading it the last few days, so I am VERY excited and motivated about this goal. I, on the other hand, am not a consistent person. It's very aggravating. My life seems to be paved with good intentions that never come to fruition. But with the Lord's help I trust that he WILL bring this desired goal to pass!! Also getting a little help from a wonderful website that e-mails me daily with reminders to read the selected passages, lol.

In other news, I'm still recovering from surgery. This is a slow and long process apparently. I somehow thought prior to the surgery that once out of the hospital I would be up and back to normal. Not so much the case. Not even close to the case actually. Although, I am quite pleased to say that I can now shower on my own (small victories here people)!! I have after much prayer and thought decided to wait until I am off the crutches to return to work and am not taking classes for the rest of the school year. The college re-opens tomorrow though. The Lord has been so good that He has made it possible for me to take the time off that I need and I am trusting Him to provide for me in the meantime. He does so very well I might add. My next Dr. appt is Jan 21 and I hope that will have me off of crutches and then I may have to go through a little PT. But, Lord willing, I will be -dare I say- skipping my way through Spring before long!!

I just have to praise the Lord so much for His constant provision through all of this. I thank God that I am in a wonderful church full of people that love the Lord and me (why I don't know) and are willing to help in whatever way they can. Without God and His people I just don't know how I would have made it through the past month. So thank you Lord and church family. I love you all so very dearly.

Tomorrow Jarred returns back to school. I will miss him so much. He says that he is not happy about going back - who can blame him!- but I suspect he will be glad to get out of the house. I know I would be!!! He's been such a help to me around here. Hopefully though this house will get back on somewhat of a schedule and regain a bit of it's normalcy.

No comments:

Sunday, January 3, 2010

Happy New Year

Welcome to you and 2010. Just the other day I took the time to go through all the posts that I have had since I started this blog and it was such a blessing to me. I don't keep a journal or scrapbook and I hardly develop pictures. However, this blog seems to do all that for me and more. I considered closing down recently because I had been so lackadaisical in my blogging attempts and figured no one really reads it anyway, but after my little walk down memory lane I have decided to press forward and do it for me. I don't really care if anyone reads this or not, it is therapeutic for me to put down my thoughts and a blessing to me to look back and see the things God has done and what He alone has brought me through. So..... onward I type :)

Speaking of that.... the name of my blog is derived from a passage in Psalms. "Commit thy way unto the Lord; trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass." 37:4. The original desire of this blog was to share my walk with the Lord. A way to document trials, tribulations, valley's, triumphs, and mountaintops. Also to share daily life and to journal in a way for myself to look back on. I would very much like for my focus in this blog to be about how I'm committing to the Lord daily. How I'm walking. I would like for it to be a real testimony to what's going on in my life. The good, the bad, and the ugly! And what a better time to discuss those very things than now in this valley I find myself in.

I'm not much anymore for New Year's resolutions. I do think however, that it is healthy and good for a person to set goals. I have so many things that I would love to accomplish and do this year. So many things in me that need changing, but apart from God and His word none of it is really possible. So, my one goal (that I hope and know will lead to many wonderful things) is to read through the bible Chronologically this year. I got a new study bible for Christmas and have really been enjoying reading it the last few days, so I am VERY excited and motivated about this goal. I, on the other hand, am not a consistent person. It's very aggravating. My life seems to be paved with good intentions that never come to fruition. But with the Lord's help I trust that he WILL bring this desired goal to pass!! Also getting a little help from a wonderful website that e-mails me daily with reminders to read the selected passages, lol.

In other news, I'm still recovering from surgery. This is a slow and long process apparently. I somehow thought prior to the surgery that once out of the hospital I would be up and back to normal. Not so much the case. Not even close to the case actually. Although, I am quite pleased to say that I can now shower on my own (small victories here people)!! I have after much prayer and thought decided to wait until I am off the crutches to return to work and am not taking classes for the rest of the school year. The college re-opens tomorrow though. The Lord has been so good that He has made it possible for me to take the time off that I need and I am trusting Him to provide for me in the meantime. He does so very well I might add. My next Dr. appt is Jan 21 and I hope that will have me off of crutches and then I may have to go through a little PT. But, Lord willing, I will be -dare I say- skipping my way through Spring before long!!

I just have to praise the Lord so much for His constant provision through all of this. I thank God that I am in a wonderful church full of people that love the Lord and me (why I don't know) and are willing to help in whatever way they can. Without God and His people I just don't know how I would have made it through the past month. So thank you Lord and church family. I love you all so very dearly.

Tomorrow Jarred returns back to school. I will miss him so much. He says that he is not happy about going back - who can blame him!- but I suspect he will be glad to get out of the house. I know I would be!!! He's been such a help to me around here. Hopefully though this house will get back on somewhat of a schedule and regain a bit of it's normalcy.

No comments: