Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, officially it's Christmas Eve. Everyone is tucked all snug into bed and I'm getting ready to do the same :)

I had a very busy/tiring day today. It's amazing how I've always taken for granted the energy it takes to do small things like take a shower and get myself ready to go. Well, actually, it's amazing how much in life I have taken for granted. I have never before so strongly desired to just scrub my house clean or cook myself a meal. I do greatly appreciate everything that everyone is and has done for me, but I am really looking forward to the day when I can do some of those things on my own as well. In the meantime boy, oh boy, am I ever getting a lesson on patience. *sigh*

Today I went to the Dr to have my post-op check-up and have the staples removed from my incision. I was really dreading getting out of the house period. It all just sounded so exhausting, but I was especially dreading the staple removing part. That incision was so large and yucky looking to me. It felt Frankenstein-ish!! And the mere thought of them removing those staples just gave me the hebe-jeebies!! Anyway, it wasn't so bad. Just the fear of the unknown I suppose. The dr. said that I am doing well and that I just have to be patient and keep all weight off of my left leg for the next month to allow myself to heal properly. Please pray that I will heal properly. I don't want to have this surgery again. I am sure everything will be fine though. I know that the good Lord has seen me this far and will continue to take care of me through the rest of this. I just have to learn to be patient. Dr's orders!!

We then went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and I had the privilege of scooting myself around in one of those electric buggies. Not sure what I was thinking to do that two days before Christmas, but I'm just aching to do what I can for myself so something as simple as grocery shopping was really important for me to attempt at least. It was a madhouse of course, but with my Dad and sisters help we got'r done! At least now I have a meal planned for Christmas eve and something to make for breakfast Christmas morning. Well, it will be more like me directing my sisters to cook and stuff, but we have the food nonetheless, lol.

I got one of my sisters to bake some sugar cookies tonight and we then decorated them. That was fun and they had a really good time. I'll leave you with some pictures from that :)







And by the way, have a wonderful Christmas eve with your families!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Hope you heal quickly. It is hard when you want to do things, but your body won't let you. Been there, done that! :(

Have a Happy New Year!
Sherry

Thursday, December 24, 2009

Christmas Eve

Well, officially it's Christmas Eve. Everyone is tucked all snug into bed and I'm getting ready to do the same :)

I had a very busy/tiring day today. It's amazing how I've always taken for granted the energy it takes to do small things like take a shower and get myself ready to go. Well, actually, it's amazing how much in life I have taken for granted. I have never before so strongly desired to just scrub my house clean or cook myself a meal. I do greatly appreciate everything that everyone is and has done for me, but I am really looking forward to the day when I can do some of those things on my own as well. In the meantime boy, oh boy, am I ever getting a lesson on patience. *sigh*

Today I went to the Dr to have my post-op check-up and have the staples removed from my incision. I was really dreading getting out of the house period. It all just sounded so exhausting, but I was especially dreading the staple removing part. That incision was so large and yucky looking to me. It felt Frankenstein-ish!! And the mere thought of them removing those staples just gave me the hebe-jeebies!! Anyway, it wasn't so bad. Just the fear of the unknown I suppose. The dr. said that I am doing well and that I just have to be patient and keep all weight off of my left leg for the next month to allow myself to heal properly. Please pray that I will heal properly. I don't want to have this surgery again. I am sure everything will be fine though. I know that the good Lord has seen me this far and will continue to take care of me through the rest of this. I just have to learn to be patient. Dr's orders!!

We then went to Wal-Mart to pick up some groceries and I had the privilege of scooting myself around in one of those electric buggies. Not sure what I was thinking to do that two days before Christmas, but I'm just aching to do what I can for myself so something as simple as grocery shopping was really important for me to attempt at least. It was a madhouse of course, but with my Dad and sisters help we got'r done! At least now I have a meal planned for Christmas eve and something to make for breakfast Christmas morning. Well, it will be more like me directing my sisters to cook and stuff, but we have the food nonetheless, lol.

I got one of my sisters to bake some sugar cookies tonight and we then decorated them. That was fun and they had a really good time. I'll leave you with some pictures from that :)







And by the way, have a wonderful Christmas eve with your families!

1 comment:

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Hope you heal quickly. It is hard when you want to do things, but your body won't let you. Been there, done that! :(

Have a Happy New Year!
Sherry