That almost makes me want to go watch the movie sleepless in Seattle. Almost. I fear that my body is so off schedule that it may never get back on. Praise the Lord that I don't have to get up early anytime soon. It's about 1 am here on the Gulf Coast. The house is so quiet and my sweet sisters and son are sleeping away. I've read, I've prayed and yet I still lie here wide awake.
It was such a blessing to awake this morning at 7am to hear knocking at my door and bustling outside my window. I didn't expect my family to get in until this afternoon, but they decided to drive all the way through. I was quite groggy and trying to figure out how to get out of bed, but thankfully Jarred heard all the ruckus and excitedly jumped out of bed and ran to open the door. (PTL for his youthful exuberance) I was still trying to orient myself when my sisters piled in my room to say hello. Then came in Daddy to great me and it just brought my heart such joy for him to wrap me in a big hug. What a lovely wake up call!!
Needless to say they were pretty tired so after breakfast and a little visiting Rachel and I laid down for a nap and Daddy headed out to my Uncles to try and get some rest. Jarred & Stephanie headed outside for a fun time of skateboarding and play.
Later on in the day Stephanie, who happens to have an endless supply of patience (or so it seems), helped Jarred put up the Christmas tree. Bless their hearts, they worked so hard on getting it up. Jarred broke several ornaments in the process and ended with breaking a limb almost completely off the tree. He was so upset with himself, but I just said "honey, I just want to see a happy smile on your face that the tree is finally up and you got to help." Again, it's so hard to reign in my OCD nature and not go and fix things or take over, but I am completely unable to do anything about it so I suppose that is teaching me a thing or two about just letting things be.
It's hard not to do for yourself you know! The pain that I have been in is beginning to subside, but I am still not able to do a whole lot because of having to keep all the weight off of my left side. I wonder what other lessons the Lord has for me in this???? Learning patience is surely at the top of that list, lol!
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I'd like for us to have a day of maybe making a few crafts, baking some cookies, and playing some games. I really just want to take advantage of every second of family time that I am getting. It seems like such a sweet blessing to have my Dad and sisters drive all the way down here just to be with me. I miss my mom and her being here is the only thing that keeps this Christmas from being "complete."
I have lots of pictures to post, but I have a laptop that I don't want to crowd with lots of files so I have been hesitant about putting anything on here. I suppose I just need to get to it or I will never share them :)
Well, it's nearing 2am now. I'm slightly sleepy so I suppose I will try it again.
goodnight
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Tuesday, December 22, 2009
Sleepless in Niceville
That almost makes me want to go watch the movie sleepless in Seattle. Almost. I fear that my body is so off schedule that it may never get back on. Praise the Lord that I don't have to get up early anytime soon. It's about 1 am here on the Gulf Coast. The house is so quiet and my sweet sisters and son are sleeping away. I've read, I've prayed and yet I still lie here wide awake.
It was such a blessing to awake this morning at 7am to hear knocking at my door and bustling outside my window. I didn't expect my family to get in until this afternoon, but they decided to drive all the way through. I was quite groggy and trying to figure out how to get out of bed, but thankfully Jarred heard all the ruckus and excitedly jumped out of bed and ran to open the door. (PTL for his youthful exuberance) I was still trying to orient myself when my sisters piled in my room to say hello. Then came in Daddy to great me and it just brought my heart such joy for him to wrap me in a big hug. What a lovely wake up call!!
Needless to say they were pretty tired so after breakfast and a little visiting Rachel and I laid down for a nap and Daddy headed out to my Uncles to try and get some rest. Jarred & Stephanie headed outside for a fun time of skateboarding and play.
Later on in the day Stephanie, who happens to have an endless supply of patience (or so it seems), helped Jarred put up the Christmas tree. Bless their hearts, they worked so hard on getting it up. Jarred broke several ornaments in the process and ended with breaking a limb almost completely off the tree. He was so upset with himself, but I just said "honey, I just want to see a happy smile on your face that the tree is finally up and you got to help." Again, it's so hard to reign in my OCD nature and not go and fix things or take over, but I am completely unable to do anything about it so I suppose that is teaching me a thing or two about just letting things be.
It's hard not to do for yourself you know! The pain that I have been in is beginning to subside, but I am still not able to do a whole lot because of having to keep all the weight off of my left side. I wonder what other lessons the Lord has for me in this???? Learning patience is surely at the top of that list, lol!
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I'd like for us to have a day of maybe making a few crafts, baking some cookies, and playing some games. I really just want to take advantage of every second of family time that I am getting. It seems like such a sweet blessing to have my Dad and sisters drive all the way down here just to be with me. I miss my mom and her being here is the only thing that keeps this Christmas from being "complete."
I have lots of pictures to post, but I have a laptop that I don't want to crowd with lots of files so I have been hesitant about putting anything on here. I suppose I just need to get to it or I will never share them :)
Well, it's nearing 2am now. I'm slightly sleepy so I suppose I will try it again.
goodnight
It was such a blessing to awake this morning at 7am to hear knocking at my door and bustling outside my window. I didn't expect my family to get in until this afternoon, but they decided to drive all the way through. I was quite groggy and trying to figure out how to get out of bed, but thankfully Jarred heard all the ruckus and excitedly jumped out of bed and ran to open the door. (PTL for his youthful exuberance) I was still trying to orient myself when my sisters piled in my room to say hello. Then came in Daddy to great me and it just brought my heart such joy for him to wrap me in a big hug. What a lovely wake up call!!
Needless to say they were pretty tired so after breakfast and a little visiting Rachel and I laid down for a nap and Daddy headed out to my Uncles to try and get some rest. Jarred & Stephanie headed outside for a fun time of skateboarding and play.
Later on in the day Stephanie, who happens to have an endless supply of patience (or so it seems), helped Jarred put up the Christmas tree. Bless their hearts, they worked so hard on getting it up. Jarred broke several ornaments in the process and ended with breaking a limb almost completely off the tree. He was so upset with himself, but I just said "honey, I just want to see a happy smile on your face that the tree is finally up and you got to help." Again, it's so hard to reign in my OCD nature and not go and fix things or take over, but I am completely unable to do anything about it so I suppose that is teaching me a thing or two about just letting things be.
It's hard not to do for yourself you know! The pain that I have been in is beginning to subside, but I am still not able to do a whole lot because of having to keep all the weight off of my left side. I wonder what other lessons the Lord has for me in this???? Learning patience is surely at the top of that list, lol!
I'm not sure what tomorrow will bring. I'd like for us to have a day of maybe making a few crafts, baking some cookies, and playing some games. I really just want to take advantage of every second of family time that I am getting. It seems like such a sweet blessing to have my Dad and sisters drive all the way down here just to be with me. I miss my mom and her being here is the only thing that keeps this Christmas from being "complete."
I have lots of pictures to post, but I have a laptop that I don't want to crowd with lots of files so I have been hesitant about putting anything on here. I suppose I just need to get to it or I will never share them :)
Well, it's nearing 2am now. I'm slightly sleepy so I suppose I will try it again.
goodnight
2 comments:
- momof5girls said...
-
Thank the good Lord for His mercy and grace!!! I'm so thankful you have these smaller annoyances rather than the terrible pain and probably fear that you had just a month ago. Talk about answered prayer. Thanks for praying for us too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Love you!
-
December 22, 2009 at 11:29 PM
- Amber_Keever said...
-
I am so glad your family got to come be with you for Christmas Jill. I've been praying very hard for you that God will comfort you and help you feel his peace through this time. I hope you have a very merry Christmas.
-
December 23, 2009 at 9:38 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Thank the good Lord for His mercy and grace!!! I'm so thankful you have these smaller annoyances rather than the terrible pain and probably fear that you had just a month ago. Talk about answered prayer. Thanks for praying for us too. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas with your family. Love you!
I am so glad your family got to come be with you for Christmas Jill. I've been praying very hard for you that God will comfort you and help you feel his peace through this time. I hope you have a very merry Christmas.
Post a Comment