Friday, March 26, 2010
Update
So last Friday, the 26th, I was released from Shands hospital and sent to Shands Rehabilitation center. Friday afternoon and most of Saturday were spent visiting with family and friends. Saturday I was evaluated to see what abilities I had and which ones needed to be worked on. The plan was to stay in rehab until Thursday (yesterday) and then to be readmitted to the hospital to begin my treatments. Well........ apparently my heart had a different idea. Heart you say. Oh yes, heart. I've never in my life had a day of heart trouble. On Sunday I started feeling out of sorts and called the nurse in and asked her to take my vitals. I don't exactly remember what my temp or blood pressure was, but I do know that my heart rate was at 166 and I was resting. The Dr. at rehab was concerned that I might have a blood clot seeing as how I was so close to surgery, so they called to have an ambulance come pick me up. I think that was when my heart REALLY started going crazy. My friend Angela was walking into the rehab with an iced coffee and I was so disappointed, but I figured that with my heart acting all crazy caffeine was the last thing I needed. So to make a very long story short I went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital that night. Thank the Lord that the rehab saw it fit to send me because in the ambulance my heart rate was up to 217!
After several days of trial and error and minor procedures my heart has been stabilized using medicines. They did have to remove the port that was placed in my chest for the Chemo, but today I had a PIC line put in my arm and it will work practically the same way as the port. I have to be cleared by the Cardio Dr.'s before I can begin Chemo. They came in today to check on me and are in the process of weaning me off the IV drugs so that I can begin taking oral drugs for my heart. Since everything seems to be stable they are going to clear me and I should start Chemo tonight. Thinking it will start at 7pm (that's 6pm CST). Please pray that everything goes well tonight. I have been a little nervous about all that is going on. I just need to calm down, remember that God is in control and sit back and allow Him to work.
If all goes well and my heart continues to act right then I'll get to come home on Monday or Tuesday :) YAY (don't tell Jarred though, I want it to be a surprise for him and don't want to disappoint him if plans change-and it's highly likely to happen).
My Dad left a couple of hours ago to drive back to Wisconsin. Please pray for him to have a safe trip. My Grandma B arrived about an hour ago and she will be staying a little while. There's not really much else to report. I hope that you all have a great Friday night.
Take Care,
<3 Jillian
Friday, March 26, 2010
Update
So last Friday, the 26th, I was released from Shands hospital and sent to Shands Rehabilitation center. Friday afternoon and most of Saturday were spent visiting with family and friends. Saturday I was evaluated to see what abilities I had and which ones needed to be worked on. The plan was to stay in rehab until Thursday (yesterday) and then to be readmitted to the hospital to begin my treatments. Well........ apparently my heart had a different idea. Heart you say. Oh yes, heart. I've never in my life had a day of heart trouble. On Sunday I started feeling out of sorts and called the nurse in and asked her to take my vitals. I don't exactly remember what my temp or blood pressure was, but I do know that my heart rate was at 166 and I was resting. The Dr. at rehab was concerned that I might have a blood clot seeing as how I was so close to surgery, so they called to have an ambulance come pick me up. I think that was when my heart REALLY started going crazy. My friend Angela was walking into the rehab with an iced coffee and I was so disappointed, but I figured that with my heart acting all crazy caffeine was the last thing I needed. So to make a very long story short I went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital that night. Thank the Lord that the rehab saw it fit to send me because in the ambulance my heart rate was up to 217!
After several days of trial and error and minor procedures my heart has been stabilized using medicines. They did have to remove the port that was placed in my chest for the Chemo, but today I had a PIC line put in my arm and it will work practically the same way as the port. I have to be cleared by the Cardio Dr.'s before I can begin Chemo. They came in today to check on me and are in the process of weaning me off the IV drugs so that I can begin taking oral drugs for my heart. Since everything seems to be stable they are going to clear me and I should start Chemo tonight. Thinking it will start at 7pm (that's 6pm CST). Please pray that everything goes well tonight. I have been a little nervous about all that is going on. I just need to calm down, remember that God is in control and sit back and allow Him to work.
If all goes well and my heart continues to act right then I'll get to come home on Monday or Tuesday :) YAY (don't tell Jarred though, I want it to be a surprise for him and don't want to disappoint him if plans change-and it's highly likely to happen).
My Dad left a couple of hours ago to drive back to Wisconsin. Please pray for him to have a safe trip. My Grandma B arrived about an hour ago and she will be staying a little while. There's not really much else to report. I hope that you all have a great Friday night.
Take Care,
<3 Jillian
2 comments:
- Amber_Keever said...
-
Poor Jill, it's been a long month for you. We have been praying for you, I couldn't sleep again this morning, you were on my heart and I prayed for you and thought about you for an hour just laying in bed. When I finally got up I watched a movie and what was one of the girls name? Jillian! And her family called he Jilly Bean! It was another confirmation to keep praying for you and have faith. God has a plan and he knows what he's doing, I love you and miss you very much. Whenever and however you need me I'm there in a second :) Love you Jilly :)
-
March 26, 2010 at 5:09 PM
- momof5girls said...
-
Jill, you make it all seem so simple and I know for the last 10 months it has been anything but simple, starting with "sciatica" to the current state. I just can't thank the Lord enough for bringing you (my 6th) into my life. I just wish I had realized how serious things were. Lord willing, I will never be as passive to a Dr.'s opinion again. I do praise the Lord for allowing the diagnosis and treatment. I don't know what He's doing, but I do know you have been a testimony to His grace and allowing Him to get all the glory. I pray we will all benefit from your testimony and be more serious about our own walks with God. I love you sweet girl and pray you'll continue to be sheltered by His wing.
-
March 26, 2010 at 11:22 PM
2 comments:
Poor Jill, it's been a long month for you. We have been praying for you, I couldn't sleep again this morning, you were on my heart and I prayed for you and thought about you for an hour just laying in bed. When I finally got up I watched a movie and what was one of the girls name? Jillian! And her family called he Jilly Bean! It was another confirmation to keep praying for you and have faith. God has a plan and he knows what he's doing, I love you and miss you very much. Whenever and however you need me I'm there in a second :) Love you Jilly :)
Jill, you make it all seem so simple and I know for the last 10 months it has been anything but simple, starting with "sciatica" to the current state. I just can't thank the Lord enough for bringing you (my 6th) into my life. I just wish I had realized how serious things were. Lord willing, I will never be as passive to a Dr.'s opinion again. I do praise the Lord for allowing the diagnosis and treatment. I don't know what He's doing, but I do know you have been a testimony to His grace and allowing Him to get all the glory. I pray we will all benefit from your testimony and be more serious about our own walks with God. I love you sweet girl and pray you'll continue to be sheltered by His wing.
Post a Comment