Sunday, April 4, 2010
Getting Setteleted in @ Home.....
The good news is that I serve a God who is bigger that this little cancer. He is bigger than any disease that comes my way and He is ready to bear this burden for me. So, as hard as it is I'm constantly giving it to him. I've never felt more the need to take up my cross and follow daily. When I think of the Lord and all he has done in my life I know that He can get me through this as well. This may be a little bigger and a little harder to endure. This may be a rare cancer for someone my age, but you know what I say to that??? It just gives God the ability to do a mightier work and astound the medical field. I want this battle to be of and for the Lord. I want to commit myself daily to him and allow Him to transform me and work in me in such a real way that was never possible before. Am I scared? Yes, I'm terrified. Is this going to be hard? Yes, it is. But I know that my God is bigger than all of this and that He has given me this disease for either my good or His glory.
The chemo treatments are not so bad at first, but a couple days later they just take every ounce of my energy. I dislike that the most. I feel completely wiped out and no matter how much I sleep I'm still just exhausted. My Dr. said that I will loose my hair, but I say hey, maybe we'll finally figure out what my natural color is, lol. Also my mom's knitting group are making me a bunch of cute little caps. I'm trying to come up with a top 10 list for having no hair. I'll let you know once I do. If you have any suggestions let me know :)
I've been thinking so much about how the Lord has worked in my life since I've been saved. How he brought me here to Niceville, how He put me in a wonderful loving church that truly exemplifies the meaning of church family, how He has provided for me over and over again. God put me here in this place for this time. I just hope that I can honor and glorify Him throughout this fight and remember no matter how bad things may get physically that God still loves me and this is all part of His plan.
Next post I'll tell you all about Nutrition's fight against cancer and what I am (with the pushing of many loved ones) doing to boost my immune system.
Sunday, April 4, 2010
Getting Setteleted in @ Home.....
The good news is that I serve a God who is bigger that this little cancer. He is bigger than any disease that comes my way and He is ready to bear this burden for me. So, as hard as it is I'm constantly giving it to him. I've never felt more the need to take up my cross and follow daily. When I think of the Lord and all he has done in my life I know that He can get me through this as well. This may be a little bigger and a little harder to endure. This may be a rare cancer for someone my age, but you know what I say to that??? It just gives God the ability to do a mightier work and astound the medical field. I want this battle to be of and for the Lord. I want to commit myself daily to him and allow Him to transform me and work in me in such a real way that was never possible before. Am I scared? Yes, I'm terrified. Is this going to be hard? Yes, it is. But I know that my God is bigger than all of this and that He has given me this disease for either my good or His glory.
The chemo treatments are not so bad at first, but a couple days later they just take every ounce of my energy. I dislike that the most. I feel completely wiped out and no matter how much I sleep I'm still just exhausted. My Dr. said that I will loose my hair, but I say hey, maybe we'll finally figure out what my natural color is, lol. Also my mom's knitting group are making me a bunch of cute little caps. I'm trying to come up with a top 10 list for having no hair. I'll let you know once I do. If you have any suggestions let me know :)
I've been thinking so much about how the Lord has worked in my life since I've been saved. How he brought me here to Niceville, how He put me in a wonderful loving church that truly exemplifies the meaning of church family, how He has provided for me over and over again. God put me here in this place for this time. I just hope that I can honor and glorify Him throughout this fight and remember no matter how bad things may get physically that God still loves me and this is all part of His plan.
Next post I'll tell you all about Nutrition's fight against cancer and what I am (with the pushing of many loved ones) doing to boost my immune system.
6 comments:
- Jenny said...
-
You are one of the strongest women I have ever met Jillian!! I love you and you just hang in there! YOu are so right! Our GOD is going to carry you through this!!! Jenny
-
April 4, 2010 at 12:02 PM
- shauna said...
-
I am so glad to hear your trust in God Jill. Our Pastor said today "We should not be seeking for God to make perfect every situation in our life, instead we should seek to be in God's presence because there we can endure any circumstance." I am thankful that you are in the presence of God and he will take care of you better than any of us ever could. I love you! I thank the Lord that he brought you into my life, you've been one of my best friends and such an encouragement to me in my hard times. I am trusting for God to heal your body- I pray for it every day. Keep holding tight to God's hand, he won't let go <3
-
April 4, 2010 at 12:21 PM
- Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...
-
Praise God how He is using you and blessing you through others service! Praying for you!
-
April 4, 2010 at 1:30 PM
- momof5girls said...
-
Jilli, it's so good to hear from you! I know there are things going on that we can't imagine because we haven't been there. If you don't hear from me, it's certainly not because I'm not thinking about you and praying for you. I just don't know if I call that it might be at a bad time, so I'll tell you, call me when you feel like it. I'd love to hear your sweet voice. I'll be waiting if you want or need anything. I know how chemo makes you feel. We went through it with my boss. When you get a hankering for something to eat call me right away because that desire may pass. We're going "strawberry" ;) picking next Saturday so I'll be sure to bring you some. I love you sweet girl and will do anything I can for you! Love you, Arlene
-
April 4, 2010 at 4:14 PM
-
Terry B. said...
-
Hi Jillian,
Haven't seen you in a while, but I'm praying for you daily.
Benefits of no hair: Savings on shampoo & conditioner, No split ends, You don't have to worry about windy days, No hair clogs in the tub drain, instant weight loss (even if it's only a few ounces), You don't have to pick the hairballs out of your brush, Lots of extra time that you used to spend fixing your hair, and of course, more of your natural beauty will show through! :) -
April 4, 2010 at 9:21 PM
-
Prolijo La Musica said...
-
We love you very much Jill. G-d is amazing! And even if we don't understand all of his ways, our faith in, and obedience to Him is all that really matter. It sounds like you have both and then some. We are praying for you tons. If there is anything we can do for you...it is done...all you have to do is ask.
-
April 5, 2010 at 11:44 PM
6 comments:
You are one of the strongest women I have ever met Jillian!! I love you and you just hang in there! YOu are so right! Our GOD is going to carry you through this!!! Jenny
I am so glad to hear your trust in God Jill. Our Pastor said today "We should not be seeking for God to make perfect every situation in our life, instead we should seek to be in God's presence because there we can endure any circumstance." I am thankful that you are in the presence of God and he will take care of you better than any of us ever could. I love you! I thank the Lord that he brought you into my life, you've been one of my best friends and such an encouragement to me in my hard times. I am trusting for God to heal your body- I pray for it every day. Keep holding tight to God's hand, he won't let go <3
Praise God how He is using you and blessing you through others service! Praying for you!
Jilli, it's so good to hear from you! I know there are things going on that we can't imagine because we haven't been there. If you don't hear from me, it's certainly not because I'm not thinking about you and praying for you. I just don't know if I call that it might be at a bad time, so I'll tell you, call me when you feel like it. I'd love to hear your sweet voice. I'll be waiting if you want or need anything. I know how chemo makes you feel. We went through it with my boss. When you get a hankering for something to eat call me right away because that desire may pass. We're going "strawberry" ;) picking next Saturday so I'll be sure to bring you some. I love you sweet girl and will do anything I can for you! Love you, Arlene
Hi Jillian,
Haven't seen you in a while, but I'm praying for you daily.
Benefits of no hair: Savings on shampoo & conditioner, No split ends, You don't have to worry about windy days, No hair clogs in the tub drain, instant weight loss (even if it's only a few ounces), You don't have to pick the hairballs out of your brush, Lots of extra time that you used to spend fixing your hair, and of course, more of your natural beauty will show through! :)
We love you very much Jill. G-d is amazing! And even if we don't understand all of his ways, our faith in, and obedience to Him is all that really matter. It sounds like you have both and then some. We are praying for you tons. If there is anything we can do for you...it is done...all you have to do is ask.
Post a Comment