Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prayer Request

I have been breaking down little bits of information to Jarred daily regarding my treatment and disease. Yesterday I told him that I will loose all of my hair (which is starting to fall out, not a lot yet though) and he was very disturbed about that. He did not like the idea of having a bald mom at all. He thought that was really embarrassing. Bless his heart. I hadn't considered buying a wig previously because I just don't care that much. I figured I would just wear caps or hats. I suppose I'll need to buy one now though for his sake. Other than that he seems to be taking the information well. I have yet to tell him that I have cancer. He knows I have a disease called osteosarcoma and cancer is just another word. But it is a scary word for kids. A very scary word for a little boy who has only known life with his mother. We know that cancer is small and God is big. I know that God is going to heal me. I have great confidence in what the Lord is allowing in my life right now and what He will do through this. However, it still breaks my heart to think of looking into Jarred's big brown eyes and say to him that I have cancer. So, will you please pray with me about how to do this? I know that I want to tell him before I go back to Shands for my next round of chemo on the 19th. I just need the Lord's wisdom and the right words. I know that He alone can give them to me.

3 comments:

momof5girls said...

We already have been praying for you all along. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but I do believe it is best that he hears it from you. My fear has been that someone unknowingly says it to him thinking he already knows. I know it's difficult for you, but remember that the same way God is being personal to you and building your faith, He can and will do the same thing for your son. Just continue to point him to the Lord. You'll both be closer to the Lord for it. Love you!

Terry B said...

I understand how hard it is to tell Jarred. I faced the same thing 2 years ago. God will help you find the words and help Jarred deal with it. You are very good at putting your faith and trust in God and I'm sure Jarred will pick up on that. You are in my prayers daily.

shauna said...

I will be praying for you to have wisdom with how to talk with Jarred. It will be a scary thing for him to hear, but he will be watching you, and the Lord will use this trial to build his faith also.

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Prayer Request

I have been breaking down little bits of information to Jarred daily regarding my treatment and disease. Yesterday I told him that I will loose all of my hair (which is starting to fall out, not a lot yet though) and he was very disturbed about that. He did not like the idea of having a bald mom at all. He thought that was really embarrassing. Bless his heart. I hadn't considered buying a wig previously because I just don't care that much. I figured I would just wear caps or hats. I suppose I'll need to buy one now though for his sake. Other than that he seems to be taking the information well. I have yet to tell him that I have cancer. He knows I have a disease called osteosarcoma and cancer is just another word. But it is a scary word for kids. A very scary word for a little boy who has only known life with his mother. We know that cancer is small and God is big. I know that God is going to heal me. I have great confidence in what the Lord is allowing in my life right now and what He will do through this. However, it still breaks my heart to think of looking into Jarred's big brown eyes and say to him that I have cancer. So, will you please pray with me about how to do this? I know that I want to tell him before I go back to Shands for my next round of chemo on the 19th. I just need the Lord's wisdom and the right words. I know that He alone can give them to me.

3 comments:

momof5girls said...

We already have been praying for you all along. I can't imagine how hard it is for you, but I do believe it is best that he hears it from you. My fear has been that someone unknowingly says it to him thinking he already knows. I know it's difficult for you, but remember that the same way God is being personal to you and building your faith, He can and will do the same thing for your son. Just continue to point him to the Lord. You'll both be closer to the Lord for it. Love you!

Terry B said...

I understand how hard it is to tell Jarred. I faced the same thing 2 years ago. God will help you find the words and help Jarred deal with it. You are very good at putting your faith and trust in God and I'm sure Jarred will pick up on that. You are in my prayers daily.

shauna said...

I will be praying for you to have wisdom with how to talk with Jarred. It will be a scary thing for him to hear, but he will be watching you, and the Lord will use this trial to build his faith also.