Monday, May 24, 2010

A kiss on the cheek........

Sometimes during just an ordinary, mundane day the Lord comes along and gives us a kiss on the cheek. I got to experience this blessing today when my home health nurse came to visit. It's not always the same one. As a matter of fact I've had a different one every time. Today a nice lady came by (even though it took her FOREVER to find my veins to draw blood-hate it when they dig around) and she was a believer. She told me about her son who had a rare blood disorder at birth and was sick for many years before going on a trial treatment. Now he's almost 20 and completely cured. She just sat here and talked about how good God is. She said that at one point she just fell on her face before God and cried out to Him. I know and understand those feelings completely. She knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was going to cure her son whether by miracle or medicine.

I pray that I can have that type of faith. I trust God completely, but sometimes it's hard because my future is so uncertain. Everyone's is I suppose. But with such a big scary disease it makes the uncertainties that much scarier. I think I'll be happy to just celebrate my birthday this year. I suppose that's my problem sometime, I'm thinking on the future too much. The bible teaches us that we are to "Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" From that verse I glean that today, this moment, is worth more than worrying about the future. I also know " Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." I have to constantly remind myself of these verses. It's hard you know, trusting but still being afraid. I need to keep my mind on heavenly, eternal thoughts. Like Corinthians 4:17 teaches "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;"

Anyway, the nurse that came by today was an encouragement to me and a blessing (even if she needs to work on her needle skills, lol!). I hope that you have experienced a kiss on the cheek from the Lord lately too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of your most amazing blogs...because it is so simple but profound. Living in an eternal state vs. the physical one. We all struggle with it...Living for what happens next instead of trying to live as fully as possible for our Father in the now. Keep striving for beauty through the brokeness....

Jillian said...

Thank you :)

Monday, May 24, 2010

A kiss on the cheek........

Sometimes during just an ordinary, mundane day the Lord comes along and gives us a kiss on the cheek. I got to experience this blessing today when my home health nurse came to visit. It's not always the same one. As a matter of fact I've had a different one every time. Today a nice lady came by (even though it took her FOREVER to find my veins to draw blood-hate it when they dig around) and she was a believer. She told me about her son who had a rare blood disorder at birth and was sick for many years before going on a trial treatment. Now he's almost 20 and completely cured. She just sat here and talked about how good God is. She said that at one point she just fell on her face before God and cried out to Him. I know and understand those feelings completely. She knew without a shadow of a doubt that God was going to cure her son whether by miracle or medicine.

I pray that I can have that type of faith. I trust God completely, but sometimes it's hard because my future is so uncertain. Everyone's is I suppose. But with such a big scary disease it makes the uncertainties that much scarier. I think I'll be happy to just celebrate my birthday this year. I suppose that's my problem sometime, I'm thinking on the future too much. The bible teaches us that we are to "Take no thought for your life, what ye shall eat, or what ye shall drink; nor yet for your body, what ye shall put on. Is not the life more than meat, and the body than raiment?" From that verse I glean that today, this moment, is worth more than worrying about the future. I also know " Boast not thyself of to morrow; for thou knowest not what a day may bring forth." I have to constantly remind myself of these verses. It's hard you know, trusting but still being afraid. I need to keep my mind on heavenly, eternal thoughts. Like Corinthians 4:17 teaches "For our light affliction, which is but for a moment, worketh for us a far more exceeding and eternal weight of glory;"

Anyway, the nurse that came by today was an encouragement to me and a blessing (even if she needs to work on her needle skills, lol!). I hope that you have experienced a kiss on the cheek from the Lord lately too :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think this is one of your most amazing blogs...because it is so simple but profound. Living in an eternal state vs. the physical one. We all struggle with it...Living for what happens next instead of trying to live as fully as possible for our Father in the now. Keep striving for beauty through the brokeness....

Jillian said...

Thank you :)