Here I am sitting in the hospital in Gainsville again about to receive the next round of chemo. I've been saying to myself over the past several weeks that I need to blog, lol. I spent the last two weeks at home truly enjoying being in my own surroundings, with my son, friends and my sister. It was so nice to have a long break at home and be feeling great most of the time too. I haven't had chemo since early June, so my blood counts were all up and I've been feeling more like myself. My sister came to visit for almost a week and we had such a wonderful time together. I just love getting to spend one-on-one time with my sisters. Now if I could only get Stephanie down here for a visit. With my sister as my own personal chauffeur I was able to get A LOT accomplished. We got all of Jarred's school shopping done. With the exception of picking up a backpack (it's hard to find something sturdy enough for my rough guy) and picking up the shirts that are having the school logo sewn on. I'll get to those things next week when I get home hopefully. I'm hoping to get the OK to drive soon. I think that physically I won't have a problem. The only thing that might keep me from getting the go ahead is that I'm still taking pain meds. We'll see. If not I know plenty of people who are willing to help. The Lord has been so good in the area of providing people to help in so many ways.
I have to tell you that I received a call from the genetic counselor that I have been working with here at Shands and we were talking about what has been going on with me. She was not aware of the amputation, so I told her about that and that I was in the recovery process. She said to me "you must be absolutely devastated!" I've mulled that over in my head so many times since then and have praised the Lord for His grace through all this. I thought to myself I am so far from being devastated and what a blessing that it. Going through an amputation isn't an easy thing, it's a big adjustment, but with God it is possible to get through it without ever feeling an ounce of devastation. I know that many people are praying for me and I just want to thank you and encourage you by letting you know that your prayers are being answered in a mighty way in my life. I am so thankful for every prayer that is sent up for me. I don't know everyone that is praying, but I ask God to heap immeasurable blessings on each of your lives.
I have been working on trying to get my chemo closer to home for a while now. The decision to do so will be made by the doctors in the next few days. I am praying that it works out for me to have my treatments at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast. That's only about 30 minutes away from home. It would alleviate so many burdens for my family right now. I really, really hope that it works out that way. If so then I will still come back to Shands to have scans every three months and I will come back to have the surgery to remove the spots on my lungs as long as they don't multiply and reduce in size from the chemo. The oncologist at SH is so wonderful. He has a really good bedside manner and is very thorough. I like the hospital there and have always had a good stay there. That's another thing you can pray with me about. As soon as I have news I'll be posting about it!
That's the update for now.
:)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Wednesday, August 4, 2010
Back on Track
Here I am sitting in the hospital in Gainsville again about to receive the next round of chemo. I've been saying to myself over the past several weeks that I need to blog, lol. I spent the last two weeks at home truly enjoying being in my own surroundings, with my son, friends and my sister. It was so nice to have a long break at home and be feeling great most of the time too. I haven't had chemo since early June, so my blood counts were all up and I've been feeling more like myself. My sister came to visit for almost a week and we had such a wonderful time together. I just love getting to spend one-on-one time with my sisters. Now if I could only get Stephanie down here for a visit. With my sister as my own personal chauffeur I was able to get A LOT accomplished. We got all of Jarred's school shopping done. With the exception of picking up a backpack (it's hard to find something sturdy enough for my rough guy) and picking up the shirts that are having the school logo sewn on. I'll get to those things next week when I get home hopefully. I'm hoping to get the OK to drive soon. I think that physically I won't have a problem. The only thing that might keep me from getting the go ahead is that I'm still taking pain meds. We'll see. If not I know plenty of people who are willing to help. The Lord has been so good in the area of providing people to help in so many ways.
I have to tell you that I received a call from the genetic counselor that I have been working with here at Shands and we were talking about what has been going on with me. She was not aware of the amputation, so I told her about that and that I was in the recovery process. She said to me "you must be absolutely devastated!" I've mulled that over in my head so many times since then and have praised the Lord for His grace through all this. I thought to myself I am so far from being devastated and what a blessing that it. Going through an amputation isn't an easy thing, it's a big adjustment, but with God it is possible to get through it without ever feeling an ounce of devastation. I know that many people are praying for me and I just want to thank you and encourage you by letting you know that your prayers are being answered in a mighty way in my life. I am so thankful for every prayer that is sent up for me. I don't know everyone that is praying, but I ask God to heap immeasurable blessings on each of your lives.
I have been working on trying to get my chemo closer to home for a while now. The decision to do so will be made by the doctors in the next few days. I am praying that it works out for me to have my treatments at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast. That's only about 30 minutes away from home. It would alleviate so many burdens for my family right now. I really, really hope that it works out that way. If so then I will still come back to Shands to have scans every three months and I will come back to have the surgery to remove the spots on my lungs as long as they don't multiply and reduce in size from the chemo. The oncologist at SH is so wonderful. He has a really good bedside manner and is very thorough. I like the hospital there and have always had a good stay there. That's another thing you can pray with me about. As soon as I have news I'll be posting about it!
That's the update for now.
:)
I have to tell you that I received a call from the genetic counselor that I have been working with here at Shands and we were talking about what has been going on with me. She was not aware of the amputation, so I told her about that and that I was in the recovery process. She said to me "you must be absolutely devastated!" I've mulled that over in my head so many times since then and have praised the Lord for His grace through all this. I thought to myself I am so far from being devastated and what a blessing that it. Going through an amputation isn't an easy thing, it's a big adjustment, but with God it is possible to get through it without ever feeling an ounce of devastation. I know that many people are praying for me and I just want to thank you and encourage you by letting you know that your prayers are being answered in a mighty way in my life. I am so thankful for every prayer that is sent up for me. I don't know everyone that is praying, but I ask God to heap immeasurable blessings on each of your lives.
I have been working on trying to get my chemo closer to home for a while now. The decision to do so will be made by the doctors in the next few days. I am praying that it works out for me to have my treatments at Sacred Heart on the Emerald Coast. That's only about 30 minutes away from home. It would alleviate so many burdens for my family right now. I really, really hope that it works out that way. If so then I will still come back to Shands to have scans every three months and I will come back to have the surgery to remove the spots on my lungs as long as they don't multiply and reduce in size from the chemo. The oncologist at SH is so wonderful. He has a really good bedside manner and is very thorough. I like the hospital there and have always had a good stay there. That's another thing you can pray with me about. As soon as I have news I'll be posting about it!
That's the update for now.
:)
2 comments:
- ♥TINKER BELLA♥ said...
-
I pray that you do get your treatments close to home..love you Jilly Bean!
-
August 4, 2010 at 10:39 PM
- ptucran said...
-
Glad to hear you are doing better and are furthering in your recovery enough to start chemo again..praying for you and so is my church. GOD bless.
-
August 5, 2010 at 10:33 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I pray that you do get your treatments close to home..love you Jilly Bean!
Glad to hear you are doing better and are furthering in your recovery enough to start chemo again..praying for you and so is my church. GOD bless.
Post a Comment