Monday, July 19, 2010

A Lazy Sunday

I'm here sitting on my couch this Sunday. I woke up this morning with a lot of pain in my hip and feeling like I could just barely move around, so went back to bed for several hours. I sure missed being in the Lord's house today. I miss my fellowship with the wonderful body of believers at the best church in the world!! Now I'm just taking it easy and relaxing on this lazy Sunday.

I'm back at home for two weeks. I can't express how happy I am to be home for a little while. I went to Gainsville Tuesday and spent the night in a hotel and got up the next morning to head off to the orthopedic Dr. hoping to get the OK to start chemo. I had my doubts and fears as to what the Dr. would say because my incision was still draining quite a bit. It just made me so nervous. Well, the Dr. said I needed to be on antibiotics for another few weeks before I could start chemo. The incision just had not healed well enough yet and he didn't want to take any chances. So now I'm taking a different antibiotic four times a day and have been sent home to heal. I had mixed emotions about that at first. A bit of uneasiness and what not, but the more I thought on it I realized that the Lord had worked things out just perfectly for me. I had prayed that I would be home and not sick when my sister Rachel came to visit. Now I'll be home and no chemo, so there is no worry of my being sick. This next round of chemo will be a type that I've not had before so I'm not really sure what to expect as far as side effects are concerned. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't make me sick like the doxorubicion (sp?).

It's interesting to see how the Lord works things out for us. It's certainly never the way that we would prefer it done. Not the easy way for sure, but He works things out in a way that shows us to lean on him and trust him more. In His perfect way that causes us to be even more thankful and grateful. Things that comes easy are never appreciated fully.

Well I'm continuing this on Monday. My cousin left yesterday and my Aunt came over to stay with me for a few days. I'll be on my own Wednesday night through Friday night when my sister comes. I'm pretty sure I'll be OK on my own though. As long as there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge and I have Jarred to help me :) I'll be picking up my sister Friday night from music camp at PCC and she will be staying with me for several days. I'm so looking forward to that.

I'm being summoned to go clean my room, or at least direct while Aunt Bev is my legs. I have more to say, but I will write more later.

No comments:

Monday, July 19, 2010

A Lazy Sunday

I'm here sitting on my couch this Sunday. I woke up this morning with a lot of pain in my hip and feeling like I could just barely move around, so went back to bed for several hours. I sure missed being in the Lord's house today. I miss my fellowship with the wonderful body of believers at the best church in the world!! Now I'm just taking it easy and relaxing on this lazy Sunday.

I'm back at home for two weeks. I can't express how happy I am to be home for a little while. I went to Gainsville Tuesday and spent the night in a hotel and got up the next morning to head off to the orthopedic Dr. hoping to get the OK to start chemo. I had my doubts and fears as to what the Dr. would say because my incision was still draining quite a bit. It just made me so nervous. Well, the Dr. said I needed to be on antibiotics for another few weeks before I could start chemo. The incision just had not healed well enough yet and he didn't want to take any chances. So now I'm taking a different antibiotic four times a day and have been sent home to heal. I had mixed emotions about that at first. A bit of uneasiness and what not, but the more I thought on it I realized that the Lord had worked things out just perfectly for me. I had prayed that I would be home and not sick when my sister Rachel came to visit. Now I'll be home and no chemo, so there is no worry of my being sick. This next round of chemo will be a type that I've not had before so I'm not really sure what to expect as far as side effects are concerned. I'm hoping and praying that it doesn't make me sick like the doxorubicion (sp?).

It's interesting to see how the Lord works things out for us. It's certainly never the way that we would prefer it done. Not the easy way for sure, but He works things out in a way that shows us to lean on him and trust him more. In His perfect way that causes us to be even more thankful and grateful. Things that comes easy are never appreciated fully.

Well I'm continuing this on Monday. My cousin left yesterday and my Aunt came over to stay with me for a few days. I'll be on my own Wednesday night through Friday night when my sister comes. I'm pretty sure I'll be OK on my own though. As long as there are plenty of leftovers in the fridge and I have Jarred to help me :) I'll be picking up my sister Friday night from music camp at PCC and she will be staying with me for several days. I'm so looking forward to that.

I'm being summoned to go clean my room, or at least direct while Aunt Bev is my legs. I have more to say, but I will write more later.

No comments: