Monday, July 5, 2010
I Have Been Blessed
I was so blessed to go to church Sunday morning. The kids were picked up for Sunday school and Carrie and I planned on going to the main service as it's hard for me to sit upright for any length of time. I miss being in church so much. Anyway, we were late getting out of the house because we were trying to get my wheelchair folded up and into the car. We were just running late in general I guess. When we got to the church I decided to use my walker to walk into the church and sit in one of the comfy rockers that they usually pull out of the nursing room for me. Brother JP always gets one for me and puts it next to my pew so I can be comfortable during the service (I think that is so sweet and kind). As I walked into the church towards my pew the congregation was singing the hymn Victory In Jesus (which is one of my favorite hymns from childhood, it's always touched my soul). As I hobbled down the aisle with my walker and one leg they sang the line "I heard about his healing, of his cleansing pow'r revealing how he made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see, and then I cried
dear Jesus, come and heal my broken spirit and somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory." The tears just fell down my face as soon as I came in and heard them singing that. My heart is just always so tender in church and I'm always so moved by the hymns and can feel the Spirit so strongly. Pastor immediately saw me coming down the aisle and when the congregation finished the song he said something to me about walking in during that exact moment and how it couldn't have been by accident then had the congregation sing just that line over again. It was such a special moment. It was so encouraging to be reminded of the Lord's healing and cleansing power. I may have lost my leg and be facing a huge battle, but I also serve a very big God that can do anything He wants. He can, and I choose to believe that He will cure me of this disease. Needless to say before the preaching even got started, at the beginning of the service I was beyond moved and in tears. I was overwhelmed with the Spirit and the Lord's presence.
Our junior kids just went to church camp this past week where they sang a song called I Have Been Blessed. After we sang hymns in church Pastor wanted the kids to come up and sing that song. Jarred was happy and chipper and jumped out of his seat to join the rest of the kids and sing right along with them. About the second verse I noticed that He was crying (which if you know Jarred is very unlike him. He's Mr. Don't show emotions or cry in front of people). He was practically bawling through the whole song and kept wiping his eyes and face and was staring at me to regain strength and reassurance. Carrie's kids Brayden and Lexi were in tears by that time too. I didn't know what set them off. All the kids came back to their seats and Jarred just sat on my lap and held onto me for dear life and sobbed. His little heart was so tender and just wide open. Later he told me that what made him sad and start crying was a line in the song that said "Arms that can will raise, a voice that can talk, hands that can touch, and legs that can walk." He said that when he sang the part about legs that can walk he just thought of me and I think it finally hit him and his emotions just boiled over. It was one of the sweetest most tenderest moments we have ever had as mother and son. Since then our time together during this trip has been so sweet. We have really bonded and spent good quality time together. After the song Lexi, Carrie's daughter, came to her and told her that she needed to be saved, so Carrie told her she needed to go to the alter and got someone with her to lead her to the Lord. This all happened BEFORE the preaching even started. The Holy Spirit was just so alive and present during the service that it was overwhelming. We came away feeling renewed, refreshed, thankful, and humble. What a morning it was. After church Carrie headed to Pensacola to spend the day with her family and Jarred and I stayed at home. I think it was the first time in a long time that it was just the two of us and we just got to hang out for a long time. It was almost like old times. He said several times how nice it was. That meant a lot to me and reminded me how much I have been blessed.
Carrie's husband and two older boys should be on a flight (hop) right now from Spain to the states. They haven't seen the rest of the family since March, so it will be a happy reunion. They will spend most of their time in Alabama and be here for three weeks. They will be leaving to go back to Spain towards the end of July. Please keep her husband and boys in your prayers as they travel here and the whole family in your prayers as they are on vacation and prepare to go back to Spain and be separated from their family and friends again. Carrie has been such a blessing to me while she has been here to help care for me during some of the hardest parts of my treatment. I would have never thought that God would move her all the way from Spain to come be with me. That just testifies to what an amazing God that we have. Now with all these changes I have of course been a little nervous and wondering who He will provide to help me and care for me when I need it now. I'm still not at the point where I can be completely alone and still need a lot of help while I adjust to this new life. I'm still going through chemo that will make me useless and very sick some days. Please be in prayer with me that God will provide in the area of caregivers for me.
I head back to Gainsville tomorrow. I have an appointment with the orthopedic Dr. on Wednesday at 10:15 to get my stitches out (which by the way there are 50 on top and three more internal layers of stitches which means I have a total of about 200 stitches!) As long as I am healing well and he gives me the go ahead for chemo I will be admitted to the hospital the same day around noon for the next round. This will be a different chemo than I've had before. It also requires a seven day stay in the hospital. I don't really know what to expect in the way of side effects or if it will make me really sick. Of course I hope not. After I get out of the hospital I will be going to Panama City to stay with my grandparents for a little while. I'm not really sure how long. They will also arrange for Jarred to be brought over there. I don't have a schedule for chemo in July yet, but I am sure I will get one while I am there. My sister Rachel is coming down to go to music camp at PCC in about a week and is staying an extra week after to spend with me. I'm planning on telling the Dr's that I absolutely have to be home for that week. Please pray that it works out that way and that I'm not so sick from chemo that I can't enjoy her visit. She hasn't been down for the summer in a couple of years and I would really like to make it a special time.
That's about all the news and updates from here for now. I will keep you updated as I can in the hospital and once I get to Panama City.
Monday, July 5, 2010
I Have Been Blessed
I was so blessed to go to church Sunday morning. The kids were picked up for Sunday school and Carrie and I planned on going to the main service as it's hard for me to sit upright for any length of time. I miss being in church so much. Anyway, we were late getting out of the house because we were trying to get my wheelchair folded up and into the car. We were just running late in general I guess. When we got to the church I decided to use my walker to walk into the church and sit in one of the comfy rockers that they usually pull out of the nursing room for me. Brother JP always gets one for me and puts it next to my pew so I can be comfortable during the service (I think that is so sweet and kind). As I walked into the church towards my pew the congregation was singing the hymn Victory In Jesus (which is one of my favorite hymns from childhood, it's always touched my soul). As I hobbled down the aisle with my walker and one leg they sang the line "I heard about his healing, of his cleansing pow'r revealing how he made the lame to walk again and caused the blind to see, and then I cried
dear Jesus, come and heal my broken spirit and somehow Jesus came and brought to me the victory." The tears just fell down my face as soon as I came in and heard them singing that. My heart is just always so tender in church and I'm always so moved by the hymns and can feel the Spirit so strongly. Pastor immediately saw me coming down the aisle and when the congregation finished the song he said something to me about walking in during that exact moment and how it couldn't have been by accident then had the congregation sing just that line over again. It was such a special moment. It was so encouraging to be reminded of the Lord's healing and cleansing power. I may have lost my leg and be facing a huge battle, but I also serve a very big God that can do anything He wants. He can, and I choose to believe that He will cure me of this disease. Needless to say before the preaching even got started, at the beginning of the service I was beyond moved and in tears. I was overwhelmed with the Spirit and the Lord's presence.
Our junior kids just went to church camp this past week where they sang a song called I Have Been Blessed. After we sang hymns in church Pastor wanted the kids to come up and sing that song. Jarred was happy and chipper and jumped out of his seat to join the rest of the kids and sing right along with them. About the second verse I noticed that He was crying (which if you know Jarred is very unlike him. He's Mr. Don't show emotions or cry in front of people). He was practically bawling through the whole song and kept wiping his eyes and face and was staring at me to regain strength and reassurance. Carrie's kids Brayden and Lexi were in tears by that time too. I didn't know what set them off. All the kids came back to their seats and Jarred just sat on my lap and held onto me for dear life and sobbed. His little heart was so tender and just wide open. Later he told me that what made him sad and start crying was a line in the song that said "Arms that can will raise, a voice that can talk, hands that can touch, and legs that can walk." He said that when he sang the part about legs that can walk he just thought of me and I think it finally hit him and his emotions just boiled over. It was one of the sweetest most tenderest moments we have ever had as mother and son. Since then our time together during this trip has been so sweet. We have really bonded and spent good quality time together. After the song Lexi, Carrie's daughter, came to her and told her that she needed to be saved, so Carrie told her she needed to go to the alter and got someone with her to lead her to the Lord. This all happened BEFORE the preaching even started. The Holy Spirit was just so alive and present during the service that it was overwhelming. We came away feeling renewed, refreshed, thankful, and humble. What a morning it was. After church Carrie headed to Pensacola to spend the day with her family and Jarred and I stayed at home. I think it was the first time in a long time that it was just the two of us and we just got to hang out for a long time. It was almost like old times. He said several times how nice it was. That meant a lot to me and reminded me how much I have been blessed.
Carrie's husband and two older boys should be on a flight (hop) right now from Spain to the states. They haven't seen the rest of the family since March, so it will be a happy reunion. They will spend most of their time in Alabama and be here for three weeks. They will be leaving to go back to Spain towards the end of July. Please keep her husband and boys in your prayers as they travel here and the whole family in your prayers as they are on vacation and prepare to go back to Spain and be separated from their family and friends again. Carrie has been such a blessing to me while she has been here to help care for me during some of the hardest parts of my treatment. I would have never thought that God would move her all the way from Spain to come be with me. That just testifies to what an amazing God that we have. Now with all these changes I have of course been a little nervous and wondering who He will provide to help me and care for me when I need it now. I'm still not at the point where I can be completely alone and still need a lot of help while I adjust to this new life. I'm still going through chemo that will make me useless and very sick some days. Please be in prayer with me that God will provide in the area of caregivers for me.
I head back to Gainsville tomorrow. I have an appointment with the orthopedic Dr. on Wednesday at 10:15 to get my stitches out (which by the way there are 50 on top and three more internal layers of stitches which means I have a total of about 200 stitches!) As long as I am healing well and he gives me the go ahead for chemo I will be admitted to the hospital the same day around noon for the next round. This will be a different chemo than I've had before. It also requires a seven day stay in the hospital. I don't really know what to expect in the way of side effects or if it will make me really sick. Of course I hope not. After I get out of the hospital I will be going to Panama City to stay with my grandparents for a little while. I'm not really sure how long. They will also arrange for Jarred to be brought over there. I don't have a schedule for chemo in July yet, but I am sure I will get one while I am there. My sister Rachel is coming down to go to music camp at PCC in about a week and is staying an extra week after to spend with me. I'm planning on telling the Dr's that I absolutely have to be home for that week. Please pray that it works out that way and that I'm not so sick from chemo that I can't enjoy her visit. She hasn't been down for the summer in a couple of years and I would really like to make it a special time.
That's about all the news and updates from here for now. I will keep you updated as I can in the hospital and once I get to Panama City.
8 comments:
- momof5girls said...
-
Thanks for the update Jill! You are so right about Sunday's service! I know you had to be just a little frustrated trying to get that wheelchair folded and in the car and the whole while the Lord was doing a Romans 8:28 for you and us. Your entrance could not have possibly been planned out by anyone other than our sweet, loving, gracious heavenly Father. Praise the Lord for His goodness to the children of men! Love you sweet girl and will continue to lift you up in my prayers. God bless!
-
July 5, 2010 at 11:01 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Jillian, being here with you these past few months has been a huge blessing to me. I hear often, 'You're such a great friend!" and "How blessed she is to have you". I never know what to say to those comments because what I am really thinking is, 'You have it all wrong! You've misjudged the whole thing!!". The truth of the matter is that *I* am the one who is blessed to have *you* as my friend.
You've taught me so much through this. I've learned to "think on these things". I'm taking a little more time to be thankful for what I have and how God has blessed my life. I've learned that the most precious, most dear to ones heart "things" in life have nothing to do with fun and excitement, but more to do with God's provisions and blessings.
"I Have Been Blessed" to watch you trust in God and see him answer every time. "I Have Been Blessed" to hold you in a hug while we cry together and ask God to help you get a good night's sleep. "I Have Been Blessed" to help you hang on to the little bit of hair left on your head and ever so gently comb out the tangles as we try to prolong the inevitable. "I Have Been Blessed" to take you to doc appointments, chemo visits, late night Taco Bell runs..."I Have Been Blessed" to loudly sing 'He's Taking care of Me' in the car as we're on the way to yet another visit for more blood drawings.
Through all this "I Have Been Blessed" to see God's Grace on every bit of your life. To be so close to something so real, so true and unadorned has been a blessing to me.
I love you my sister-friend and am so very thankful for this time together. I know that God will work out all the details of you care after I'm gone and I know He's working it all out for your good. Keep smiling girl. And thank you for being my friend=)
Love,Carrie -
July 5, 2010 at 11:23 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
jillian. I miss you so much! You know..I want to go and see you so bably,but i can't find anyone to babysitt Natalie! It so hard to find a babysitter anymore! Well anyways..Girl I miss just having our "Girl Talk"...Me nad my little toddler. Prays for you every momemnt of everyday. There's night's that i can't sleep..All i do is think about you..Well i better go now. I need to try to get some sleep. Love ya's*
-
July 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM
- ♥TINKER BELLA♥ said...
-
jillian. I miss you so much! You know..I want to go and see you so bably,but i can't find anyone to babysitt Natalie! It so hard to find a babysitter anymore! Well anyways..Girl I miss just having our "Girl Talk"...Me nad my little toddler. Prays for you every momemnt of everyday. There's night's that i can't sleep..All i do is think about you..Well i better go now. I need to try to get some sleep. Love ya's*
-
July 6, 2010 at 12:13 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Jillian, I didn't get a chance to come over to you on Sunday, but I wanted you to know that it was wonderful to see you there in church. From the moment you walked in God was working, I felt God's presence so much during that service. I was an emotional mess =) But I just wanted to let you know that you have more strength and courage than anyone I know, and I am praying for your continued healing, and that your story will continue to touch lives. It was made very evident through Lexi's salvation today that God always has a plan in every situation. We love you, and we are praying for you several times a day!!! Tabitha
-
July 6, 2010 at 8:33 AM
- shelly said...
-
Hey Jillian,
It was such a blessing to be at church on Sunday. I am so glad I came over that day and was able to be part of that service. I just keep replaying it all in my mind over and over. What a BLESSING!!! What part of Panama City are you going to be staying at, where your grandmother lives? I live here in Panama City and if you need any help or just want to visit or whatever you might need, I am here, and I would be more that happy to help in any way I can. Just let me know and know that I am praying for you all the time. -
July 6, 2010 at 4:18 PM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Hi Jillian - you don't know me but I just wanted to let you know that your blog is so inspirational and read by so many people. You truly have touched my heart and whether you know it or not, you have a great ministry here. Thank you for your courage and wisdom and for sharing with us!
-
July 8, 2010 at 11:19 AM
- mrsfredknapp said...
-
My dear sister in Christ. I am bawling my eyes out reading your blog. Praising HIM for his Glory! Praising him for the peace he has given you. You may have the ministry you so desire. I'm sure we will be chatting some time in the future. Miss Janet will be talking to you. :) God bless you for your witness!
-
July 22, 2010 at 1:48 PM
8 comments:
Thanks for the update Jill! You are so right about Sunday's service! I know you had to be just a little frustrated trying to get that wheelchair folded and in the car and the whole while the Lord was doing a Romans 8:28 for you and us. Your entrance could not have possibly been planned out by anyone other than our sweet, loving, gracious heavenly Father. Praise the Lord for His goodness to the children of men! Love you sweet girl and will continue to lift you up in my prayers. God bless!
Jillian, being here with you these past few months has been a huge blessing to me. I hear often, 'You're such a great friend!" and "How blessed she is to have you". I never know what to say to those comments because what I am really thinking is, 'You have it all wrong! You've misjudged the whole thing!!". The truth of the matter is that *I* am the one who is blessed to have *you* as my friend.
You've taught me so much through this. I've learned to "think on these things". I'm taking a little more time to be thankful for what I have and how God has blessed my life. I've learned that the most precious, most dear to ones heart "things" in life have nothing to do with fun and excitement, but more to do with God's provisions and blessings.
"I Have Been Blessed" to watch you trust in God and see him answer every time. "I Have Been Blessed" to hold you in a hug while we cry together and ask God to help you get a good night's sleep. "I Have Been Blessed" to help you hang on to the little bit of hair left on your head and ever so gently comb out the tangles as we try to prolong the inevitable. "I Have Been Blessed" to take you to doc appointments, chemo visits, late night Taco Bell runs..."I Have Been Blessed" to loudly sing 'He's Taking care of Me' in the car as we're on the way to yet another visit for more blood drawings.
Through all this "I Have Been Blessed" to see God's Grace on every bit of your life. To be so close to something so real, so true and unadorned has been a blessing to me.
I love you my sister-friend and am so very thankful for this time together. I know that God will work out all the details of you care after I'm gone and I know He's working it all out for your good. Keep smiling girl. And thank you for being my friend=)
Love,Carrie
jillian. I miss you so much! You know..I want to go and see you so bably,but i can't find anyone to babysitt Natalie! It so hard to find a babysitter anymore! Well anyways..Girl I miss just having our "Girl Talk"...Me nad my little toddler. Prays for you every momemnt of everyday. There's night's that i can't sleep..All i do is think about you..Well i better go now. I need to try to get some sleep. Love ya's*
jillian. I miss you so much! You know..I want to go and see you so bably,but i can't find anyone to babysitt Natalie! It so hard to find a babysitter anymore! Well anyways..Girl I miss just having our "Girl Talk"...Me nad my little toddler. Prays for you every momemnt of everyday. There's night's that i can't sleep..All i do is think about you..Well i better go now. I need to try to get some sleep. Love ya's*
Jillian, I didn't get a chance to come over to you on Sunday, but I wanted you to know that it was wonderful to see you there in church. From the moment you walked in God was working, I felt God's presence so much during that service. I was an emotional mess =) But I just wanted to let you know that you have more strength and courage than anyone I know, and I am praying for your continued healing, and that your story will continue to touch lives. It was made very evident through Lexi's salvation today that God always has a plan in every situation. We love you, and we are praying for you several times a day!!! Tabitha
Hey Jillian,
It was such a blessing to be at church on Sunday. I am so glad I came over that day and was able to be part of that service. I just keep replaying it all in my mind over and over. What a BLESSING!!! What part of Panama City are you going to be staying at, where your grandmother lives? I live here in Panama City and if you need any help or just want to visit or whatever you might need, I am here, and I would be more that happy to help in any way I can. Just let me know and know that I am praying for you all the time.
Hi Jillian - you don't know me but I just wanted to let you know that your blog is so inspirational and read by so many people. You truly have touched my heart and whether you know it or not, you have a great ministry here. Thank you for your courage and wisdom and for sharing with us!
My dear sister in Christ. I am bawling my eyes out reading your blog. Praising HIM for his Glory! Praising him for the peace he has given you. You may have the ministry you so desire. I'm sure we will be chatting some time in the future. Miss Janet will be talking to you. :) God bless you for your witness!
Post a Comment