Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Chemo This Week.....

We got into Gainsville at a decent hour last night. I went to bed after being here for a couple of hours. We stayed in the Extended Stay America which I have stayed in the last three or four times I've been here because the American Cancer Society chips in a little towards the room for one night. Last night in my room I saw three roaches. Talk about a roach motel. They were small, but they were there nonetheless. To think, people stay in those because they have those little kitchenettes. To top it off they don't offer free WiFi. I'm completely digressing from the purpose of my post though. Anyway, this morning I went to see my orthopedic Dr., Dr. Gibbs, to have the stitches taken out and make sure my incision was healing properly. There has been that one three inch area that I have been concerned about, so I was curious to see what he would have to say about it. Well.... everything but that area looks great and has healed perfectly well. At first glance he was concerned that I might have an infection in that area, but after taking a few stitches out there and pressing down around it he decided that there is a lot of fluid trapped underneath there which is also why the area is red and irritated.

So.... I have to go into the OR tomorrow for a small procedure to have that area cut back open and cleaned out. They'll put me out, remove all the stitches then cut that small area back open and clean and wash out the area really well and also make sure it isn't infected. Please lets pray that there is NO infection. All of that taken into consideration, the Dr. felt like I had not healed well enough to start chemo today. We (Bro. JP & Charlotte brought me down here) are staying in the Red Roof Inn tonight. Where there are no roaches, it's $10 cheaper than Extended Stay, and have free WiFi :) The procedure that I am having is outpatient, so as long as all goes well we will head back to Niceville tomorrow. I'm praying for a smooth procedure and smooth ride home.

I will have to be back in Gainsville on the 14th to see Dr. Gibbs again and again hopefully obtain his OK for chemo. I don't know if I had previously mentioned that my sister Rachel is coming down at the end of July or not. If so, sorry, I'll be repeating myself. My hope is that my chemo schedule will not interfere with her being here so that I can be at home with her the week that she plans on visiting me. She hasn't come to visit me for the summer for over two years now. We are both really looking forward to it. Pushing chemo back a week like this will give me a two week break before I have to be back which means I'll be home for her visit. So maybe God is just trying to work out everything for me before hand. I told the oncologist that I am just not going to be able to come to Gainsville during that time frame. I said it's just not possible. They will have to work around it and I will pray that there are no ill effects for me health-wise.

So no chemo for me this week. I'll head back home tomorrow as long as everything goes well and I'm sure it will. That will give me a couple of days with Jarred which will be nice. I'll end up going to stay with my grandparents in Panama City on Sunday and we'll just leave from there for Gainsville next Tuesday. Then I'll re-do today all over again on the 14th. Please be in prayer that the Lord works it out according to His will, that the procedure goes well tomorrow, and that we have safe travels.

Thanks :)

3 comments:

♥TINKER BELLA♥ said...

Hi..Girl..I read your blog. I pray that your body isn't having any infections. And that the Lord works it out according to His will, that the procedure goes well tomorrow, and that we have safe travels.
Have a good day..Jill

shauna said...

Will be praying there's no infection, and that everything will work out with Rachel's visit. Love you <3 and hope you have a good visit with your grandparents.

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I know the Rawles, Shawn lived with my family when I was a little girl. I have begun following your progress and I just wanted you to know that you have been such a blessing to me.
I also wanted to tell you about a sermon I heard recently that is really a blessing. It is by David Gibbs, Jr. (founder of Christian Law Association). The title of the message is "The Secret Place" You can hear it or watch it several places on the internet, but I just watched it on bambuser.com/channel/preachingdvds/broadcast/750736
The points are
1.God does all things Well.
2. God is in control.
3. Being Thankful
I hope it can be a blessing to you!!

Wednesday, July 7, 2010

No Chemo This Week.....

We got into Gainsville at a decent hour last night. I went to bed after being here for a couple of hours. We stayed in the Extended Stay America which I have stayed in the last three or four times I've been here because the American Cancer Society chips in a little towards the room for one night. Last night in my room I saw three roaches. Talk about a roach motel. They were small, but they were there nonetheless. To think, people stay in those because they have those little kitchenettes. To top it off they don't offer free WiFi. I'm completely digressing from the purpose of my post though. Anyway, this morning I went to see my orthopedic Dr., Dr. Gibbs, to have the stitches taken out and make sure my incision was healing properly. There has been that one three inch area that I have been concerned about, so I was curious to see what he would have to say about it. Well.... everything but that area looks great and has healed perfectly well. At first glance he was concerned that I might have an infection in that area, but after taking a few stitches out there and pressing down around it he decided that there is a lot of fluid trapped underneath there which is also why the area is red and irritated.

So.... I have to go into the OR tomorrow for a small procedure to have that area cut back open and cleaned out. They'll put me out, remove all the stitches then cut that small area back open and clean and wash out the area really well and also make sure it isn't infected. Please lets pray that there is NO infection. All of that taken into consideration, the Dr. felt like I had not healed well enough to start chemo today. We (Bro. JP & Charlotte brought me down here) are staying in the Red Roof Inn tonight. Where there are no roaches, it's $10 cheaper than Extended Stay, and have free WiFi :) The procedure that I am having is outpatient, so as long as all goes well we will head back to Niceville tomorrow. I'm praying for a smooth procedure and smooth ride home.

I will have to be back in Gainsville on the 14th to see Dr. Gibbs again and again hopefully obtain his OK for chemo. I don't know if I had previously mentioned that my sister Rachel is coming down at the end of July or not. If so, sorry, I'll be repeating myself. My hope is that my chemo schedule will not interfere with her being here so that I can be at home with her the week that she plans on visiting me. She hasn't come to visit me for the summer for over two years now. We are both really looking forward to it. Pushing chemo back a week like this will give me a two week break before I have to be back which means I'll be home for her visit. So maybe God is just trying to work out everything for me before hand. I told the oncologist that I am just not going to be able to come to Gainsville during that time frame. I said it's just not possible. They will have to work around it and I will pray that there are no ill effects for me health-wise.

So no chemo for me this week. I'll head back home tomorrow as long as everything goes well and I'm sure it will. That will give me a couple of days with Jarred which will be nice. I'll end up going to stay with my grandparents in Panama City on Sunday and we'll just leave from there for Gainsville next Tuesday. Then I'll re-do today all over again on the 14th. Please be in prayer that the Lord works it out according to His will, that the procedure goes well tomorrow, and that we have safe travels.

Thanks :)

3 comments:

♥TINKER BELLA♥ said...

Hi..Girl..I read your blog. I pray that your body isn't having any infections. And that the Lord works it out according to His will, that the procedure goes well tomorrow, and that we have safe travels.
Have a good day..Jill

shauna said...

Will be praying there's no infection, and that everything will work out with Rachel's visit. Love you <3 and hope you have a good visit with your grandparents.

Unknown said...

You don't know me, but I know the Rawles, Shawn lived with my family when I was a little girl. I have begun following your progress and I just wanted you to know that you have been such a blessing to me.
I also wanted to tell you about a sermon I heard recently that is really a blessing. It is by David Gibbs, Jr. (founder of Christian Law Association). The title of the message is "The Secret Place" You can hear it or watch it several places on the internet, but I just watched it on bambuser.com/channel/preachingdvds/broadcast/750736
The points are
1.God does all things Well.
2. God is in control.
3. Being Thankful
I hope it can be a blessing to you!!