Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to...... ME!

Several months back I didn't know if I would be celebrating another birthday. I'm so glad that the Lord has allowed me this time and another year to look forward to. Not only that, but I have been feeling really good lately for the most part. I've had a wonderful birthday so far. I got to go to lunch with some dear friends to celebrate and had such a lovely time. Later on some other friends will stop by to celebrate some more and do the whole cake thing. YES, I'm looking forward to some birthday cake :)

Last year I celebrated my 30th birthday with a large group of friends. I would have never imagined my life to change so much and take so many twists and turns, but I am once again reminded that this is the path that the Lord has set before me and I am more determined that ever to commit my ways unto Him.

I am blessed in so many ways that I couldn't begin to name them all! Today I am so thankful to have another birthday to celebrate and to have so many REAL, loving, caring, praying friends to celebrate it with. The only thing missing is my parents, sisters, and my dear friend Carrie. You know, I have to confess that while Carrie was here I had a certain comfort in knowing that there was always someone around to care for me and help me during the hard times. Secretly I was so afraid of what would happen when she left. I prayed a lot about it and in my heart knew that if the Lord could bring her all the way from Spain He could surely provide people here to continue to care for me. Although it was still a very real fear and worry I had. God is so good though. When I've needed someone I haven't been alone once. My church family has been more than willing and able to be here and help whenever I need it. God continues to provide my needs before I even know that I have them. Sometimes, well a lot of times, it's hard not to worry, but I try to constantly give those worries to the Lord and trust Him with them. I'm not saying that is an easy task because quite often I take them back and find myself having to give them all over again. However, He is good and faithful to receive my worries and being the loving Father that He is, He understands like no other person.

My biggest wish or desire for my birthday is to grow closer to the Lord. To trust Him more daily, be in the word more, and develop a better prayer life. If you could please pray about these things with me it would be the best birthday gift I could receive!

I will be heading back to Sacred Heart in Destin tomorrow to receive another round of chemo. This will be the roughest one and it is also the one that makes me very sick afterward. The Dr. will be trying out some new IV anti-nausea medicines while administering the chemo, so I am hoping that it will make a big difference. I'm trying not to worry, but I certainly don't look forward to feeling so horrible. The good news is that I get about a three week break after this one!

I enjoy being at home these days more than you know. Although with Jarred at school and me left alone most days I've found myself in a bit of a rut. I lack the motivation to really get up and do much. I'd like to get back into some hobbies such as card making, trying my hand at sewing and maybe even knitting! Please also pray that this bit of depression will pass and that I will once again find myself useful and productive.

That's a little update as to what is going on here. I will try not to let so much time elapse between my next posting! I love you all and thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

momof5girls said...

Aaaah, it's so good to see something new from you! Long time no see, huh? LOL, it was a fun birthday lunch today, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm so thankful you are here to celebrate another year too. I love you and thank the Lord for blessing me with your friendship. We pray for you everyday in our home, several times a day. I pray the rest of your wishes come true from the Lord as well. Love you sweet girl!

momof5girls said...

Aaaah, it's so good to see something new from you! Long time no see, huh? LOL, it was a fun birthday lunch today, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm so thankful you are here to celebrate another year too. I love you and thank the Lord for blessing me with your friendship. We pray for you everyday in our home, several times a day. I pray the rest of your wishes come true from the Lord as well. Love you sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

So happy to see how wonderfuly happy and well loved you are. I miss you terribly from across this ocean but you're always in my heart, in my prayers and on my mind.
Happy birthday again and I love you, my sister-friend:)
Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Jill, i just had a sweet prayer with the Lord. He has you in his hands, and he is RIGHT NOW working through you everyday. I do Thank GOD for giving you another birthday! And MANY MORE! You are a Blessing to so many people. Even the people that you don't ever meet in this world. Your loving friend always ~♥~

Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Happy Birthday to...... ME!

Several months back I didn't know if I would be celebrating another birthday. I'm so glad that the Lord has allowed me this time and another year to look forward to. Not only that, but I have been feeling really good lately for the most part. I've had a wonderful birthday so far. I got to go to lunch with some dear friends to celebrate and had such a lovely time. Later on some other friends will stop by to celebrate some more and do the whole cake thing. YES, I'm looking forward to some birthday cake :)

Last year I celebrated my 30th birthday with a large group of friends. I would have never imagined my life to change so much and take so many twists and turns, but I am once again reminded that this is the path that the Lord has set before me and I am more determined that ever to commit my ways unto Him.

I am blessed in so many ways that I couldn't begin to name them all! Today I am so thankful to have another birthday to celebrate and to have so many REAL, loving, caring, praying friends to celebrate it with. The only thing missing is my parents, sisters, and my dear friend Carrie. You know, I have to confess that while Carrie was here I had a certain comfort in knowing that there was always someone around to care for me and help me during the hard times. Secretly I was so afraid of what would happen when she left. I prayed a lot about it and in my heart knew that if the Lord could bring her all the way from Spain He could surely provide people here to continue to care for me. Although it was still a very real fear and worry I had. God is so good though. When I've needed someone I haven't been alone once. My church family has been more than willing and able to be here and help whenever I need it. God continues to provide my needs before I even know that I have them. Sometimes, well a lot of times, it's hard not to worry, but I try to constantly give those worries to the Lord and trust Him with them. I'm not saying that is an easy task because quite often I take them back and find myself having to give them all over again. However, He is good and faithful to receive my worries and being the loving Father that He is, He understands like no other person.

My biggest wish or desire for my birthday is to grow closer to the Lord. To trust Him more daily, be in the word more, and develop a better prayer life. If you could please pray about these things with me it would be the best birthday gift I could receive!

I will be heading back to Sacred Heart in Destin tomorrow to receive another round of chemo. This will be the roughest one and it is also the one that makes me very sick afterward. The Dr. will be trying out some new IV anti-nausea medicines while administering the chemo, so I am hoping that it will make a big difference. I'm trying not to worry, but I certainly don't look forward to feeling so horrible. The good news is that I get about a three week break after this one!

I enjoy being at home these days more than you know. Although with Jarred at school and me left alone most days I've found myself in a bit of a rut. I lack the motivation to really get up and do much. I'd like to get back into some hobbies such as card making, trying my hand at sewing and maybe even knitting! Please also pray that this bit of depression will pass and that I will once again find myself useful and productive.

That's a little update as to what is going on here. I will try not to let so much time elapse between my next posting! I love you all and thank you for your prayers!

4 comments:

momof5girls said...

Aaaah, it's so good to see something new from you! Long time no see, huh? LOL, it was a fun birthday lunch today, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm so thankful you are here to celebrate another year too. I love you and thank the Lord for blessing me with your friendship. We pray for you everyday in our home, several times a day. I pray the rest of your wishes come true from the Lord as well. Love you sweet girl!

momof5girls said...

Aaaah, it's so good to see something new from you! Long time no see, huh? LOL, it was a fun birthday lunch today, I'm so glad you enjoyed it. I'm so thankful you are here to celebrate another year too. I love you and thank the Lord for blessing me with your friendship. We pray for you everyday in our home, several times a day. I pray the rest of your wishes come true from the Lord as well. Love you sweet girl!

Anonymous said...

So happy to see how wonderfuly happy and well loved you are. I miss you terribly from across this ocean but you're always in my heart, in my prayers and on my mind.
Happy birthday again and I love you, my sister-friend:)
Love, Carrie

Anonymous said...

Jill, i just had a sweet prayer with the Lord. He has you in his hands, and he is RIGHT NOW working through you everyday. I do Thank GOD for giving you another birthday! And MANY MORE! You are a Blessing to so many people. Even the people that you don't ever meet in this world. Your loving friend always ~♥~