Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To every thing there is a season......

I am taking a break right now to update you on what's what over here, lol. I am enjoying a nice hot cup of Hersheys Goodnight Hugs.... yummmm..... If you have never had it before it is a must try.

Today I called my mom to ask a random question and before I knew it I was crying. I'm not sure what prompted me spilling my heart, but nonetheless it happened. As always she is so very compassionate and always willing to just listen. I think that is why I feel I can just let my emotions run so freely with her. For that I am so appreciative. I expressed to her today that I am just so sick of school and ready to be done. There are times when I feel like I am so engrossed with work, studying, and taking care of my home and Jarred that I am missing out on Jarred actually growing up. BUT, I also have to remind myself when I get to thinking that way that I am teaching Jarred a very valuable lesson by trying so hard to finish school. I want so badly to set a good example for him.

This semester has become particularly stressful for several reasons. First of all, I am taking Pre-Calc. Ok.... so I never even made it through Algebra in high school. I always really stunk at math. Once I started college, very late I might add, I decided that I like math. Well, Algebra that is. I did really well in those classes. Pre-Calc though is A LOT harder and I am not doing so well. I am trying to work out getting some tutoring and getting to the math lab twice a week though. Please pray that I will pass this class!!! Also, I had to add an online class, that I wasn't planning on taking, in order to graduate on time. This was a big surprise to me by the way. I added the class one month after it started, yes, fun, fun. I am also finish up a Statistics class from last semester. I didn't really understand Statistics. So, with all that said I am a little bit overwhelmed right now. Granted I pass all of my classes I will be graduating in May. Which by the way is a huge deal to me, but more on that later.

After I got off of the phone with my mom I heard the Lord speak to me heart and say "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." And in an instant I felt Him tell me that He planned this for me. My life is going completely according to His will and plan for me right now. This is what I am supposed to be doing. I also remembered that God will not give me more than I can bear. With that came comfort knowing that my Heavenly Father is still here with me and He will help me through this time.

So, please forgive me for the next several months if I don't post as much as I would like to, or if you don't hear from me that often.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

1 comment:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

I'll pray about your calc class, Jillian...I have SO been there! Math and I are old nemeses from way back. ;o) I don't like it and it doesn't like that I always get the answers wrong, LOL. You are so right about teaching your son a wise lesson by finishing school, getting through a trying time in your life. Not only is it a wise lesson but also a loving one. The Lord will bless you both through your faithfulness to Him and relying on Him to get through this experience.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful Wed!

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

To every thing there is a season......

I am taking a break right now to update you on what's what over here, lol. I am enjoying a nice hot cup of Hersheys Goodnight Hugs.... yummmm..... If you have never had it before it is a must try.

Today I called my mom to ask a random question and before I knew it I was crying. I'm not sure what prompted me spilling my heart, but nonetheless it happened. As always she is so very compassionate and always willing to just listen. I think that is why I feel I can just let my emotions run so freely with her. For that I am so appreciative. I expressed to her today that I am just so sick of school and ready to be done. There are times when I feel like I am so engrossed with work, studying, and taking care of my home and Jarred that I am missing out on Jarred actually growing up. BUT, I also have to remind myself when I get to thinking that way that I am teaching Jarred a very valuable lesson by trying so hard to finish school. I want so badly to set a good example for him.

This semester has become particularly stressful for several reasons. First of all, I am taking Pre-Calc. Ok.... so I never even made it through Algebra in high school. I always really stunk at math. Once I started college, very late I might add, I decided that I like math. Well, Algebra that is. I did really well in those classes. Pre-Calc though is A LOT harder and I am not doing so well. I am trying to work out getting some tutoring and getting to the math lab twice a week though. Please pray that I will pass this class!!! Also, I had to add an online class, that I wasn't planning on taking, in order to graduate on time. This was a big surprise to me by the way. I added the class one month after it started, yes, fun, fun. I am also finish up a Statistics class from last semester. I didn't really understand Statistics. So, with all that said I am a little bit overwhelmed right now. Granted I pass all of my classes I will be graduating in May. Which by the way is a huge deal to me, but more on that later.

After I got off of the phone with my mom I heard the Lord speak to me heart and say "To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven." And in an instant I felt Him tell me that He planned this for me. My life is going completely according to His will and plan for me right now. This is what I am supposed to be doing. I also remembered that God will not give me more than I can bear. With that came comfort knowing that my Heavenly Father is still here with me and He will help me through this time.

So, please forgive me for the next several months if I don't post as much as I would like to, or if you don't hear from me that often.

"And let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap, if we faint not."

1 comment:

Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...

I'll pray about your calc class, Jillian...I have SO been there! Math and I are old nemeses from way back. ;o) I don't like it and it doesn't like that I always get the answers wrong, LOL. You are so right about teaching your son a wise lesson by finishing school, getting through a trying time in your life. Not only is it a wise lesson but also a loving one. The Lord will bless you both through your faithfulness to Him and relying on Him to get through this experience.

Hope you guys are having a wonderful Wed!