Friday, April 10, 2009

A prayer....

I found this prayer on someone else's blog today. It seems to screem the unspoken words of my heart at the moment....

".....Lord, I know in my heart that your timing is perfect, but I still feel restless in my spirit as I wait. I want to see your plans for my life unfold now. I want to know ahead of time what the future holds for me. It is so hard for me not to try to control circumstances or manipulate situations so that things happen the way I want and according to my time frame. So, during this season of waiting, carve into my character all I will need to fulfill your amazing plans for my life. Don't let me waste my time while I wait on You. Grant me your perfect peace while you prepare me. Give me wisdom about when to move and when to be still. Rmind me daily that your timing is perfect and that your plan is for my everlasting good.I choose to wait on your timing."

~Sherri Rose Shepherd

2 comments:

shauna said...

That is such a beautiful prayer. Waiting is not what we choose, but learning to enjoy life as we wait is something I want God to teach me as well. Love ya girl, and I'm praying that God will fulfill the desires of your heart. -Prov.13:12-

Jessica said...

Jillian,
That was perfect. Exactly what I needed today! Thanks for posting it!

Friday, April 10, 2009

A prayer....

I found this prayer on someone else's blog today. It seems to screem the unspoken words of my heart at the moment....

".....Lord, I know in my heart that your timing is perfect, but I still feel restless in my spirit as I wait. I want to see your plans for my life unfold now. I want to know ahead of time what the future holds for me. It is so hard for me not to try to control circumstances or manipulate situations so that things happen the way I want and according to my time frame. So, during this season of waiting, carve into my character all I will need to fulfill your amazing plans for my life. Don't let me waste my time while I wait on You. Grant me your perfect peace while you prepare me. Give me wisdom about when to move and when to be still. Rmind me daily that your timing is perfect and that your plan is for my everlasting good.I choose to wait on your timing."

~Sherri Rose Shepherd

2 comments:

shauna said...

That is such a beautiful prayer. Waiting is not what we choose, but learning to enjoy life as we wait is something I want God to teach me as well. Love ya girl, and I'm praying that God will fulfill the desires of your heart. -Prov.13:12-

Jessica said...

Jillian,
That was perfect. Exactly what I needed today! Thanks for posting it!