One of the many things that I have been excited about lately is getting back to cooking. I love to cook. It's one of the many things that I am passionate about. In an effort to lose weight and live a healthier lifestyle, I have decided to incorporate more whole foods into our diet. I'm trying my best to stay away from processed foods, sugar etc. In addition, I am hoping to cut down on our meat consumption to three days a week. So, I've decided to participate in Menu Plan Monday from now on hosted by I'm An Organizing Junkie. Being that we are a family of two I try to cook smaller portions. Jarred is great when it comes to eating whatever I put in front of him. I find it very rewarding (and sometimes challenging) to prepare meals that he loves and wants again and again. I do try to incorporate as many vegetables and whole grains as possible. There are very few types of foods that I dislike, so our menu has a great deal of variety in it. I love experimenting with new recipes!! My main focus when it comes to cooking? Frugal, cooking for two, low-fat, healthy and gourmet (occasionally). So, here's our menu for this week..... I'm trying to stay away from the grocery store and come up with meals that we have all the ingredients for on hand. This is what I've come up with :)
Breakfasts (This is Jarred's favorite meal of the day & can vary greatly depending on what I feel like making in the mornings, but it is generally one of these things):
Eggs, Bacon & Toast
Pancakes & Eggs
Breakfast Burritos (a fav in our household)
Muffins (I have a fabulous blueberry recipe I'll share another time)
Lunches:
Jarred gets a packed lunch for school that includes a juice, wrap (I get creative with this one. I'll share my Favorite Turkey, Spinach wrap recipe soon!) carrots/ranch and pretzels.
I usually eat leftovers or a salad
Dinners for the week of August 22-August 28:
Monday: Scallop & Vegetable Stir-fry with Basmati Brown Rice (Making extra rice for Wed's meal)
Tuesday: We're having dinner with friends
Wednesday: Vegetable/Egg Fried Rice
Thursday: Black Bean Burritos with Saffron Rice
Friday: Homemade Pizza
Saturday: Cuban Pork Tenderloin with Saffron Rice, Haricots Verts and Plantains
Sunday: Leftovers or Eat out
I'll post those recipes late this week!
God Bless!!
No comments:
Post a Comment