This is our ALL time favorite pumpkin cookie recipe. We make it several times every Fall. One batch makes about 5 dozen cookies. It's also extremely quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing this one with me many years ago, Christa!!
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream together pumpkin, butter, sugar and vanilla.
In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg.
Add dry ingredients to other mixture. Add chocolate chips.
Drop in teaspoonfulls (I use my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop) onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until brown (approx 12 minutes, but check at 10) you can tell by lightly tapping top of cookie.
Cook on baking racks. Store in air tight containers or plastic bags.
I don't have a good picture right now, but this is what they looked like while cooling :)
BTW, since we have been trying to incorporate more whole foods and make healthier choices regarding what we put in our bodies I haven't had time to tweak most of our tried and true recipes. Next time I make this I will try adding whole wheat flour and using a healthier natural sweetener. I'll let you know how that turns out :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Sunday, September 25, 2011
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
This is our ALL time favorite pumpkin cookie recipe. We make it several times every Fall. One batch makes about 5 dozen cookies. It's also extremely quick and easy to make. Thanks for sharing this one with me many years ago, Christa!!
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream together pumpkin, butter, sugar and vanilla.
In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg.
Add dry ingredients to other mixture. Add chocolate chips.
Drop in teaspoonfulls (I use my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop) onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until brown (approx 12 minutes, but check at 10) you can tell by lightly tapping top of cookie.
Cook on baking racks. Store in air tight containers or plastic bags.
I don't have a good picture right now, but this is what they looked like while cooling :)
BTW, since we have been trying to incorporate more whole foods and make healthier choices regarding what we put in our bodies I haven't had time to tweak most of our tried and true recipes. Next time I make this I will try adding whole wheat flour and using a healthier natural sweetener. I'll let you know how that turns out :)
1 1/2 cups pumpkin
1/2 cup butter
1 cup sugar or sweetener of your choice
1 teaspoon vanilla
2 cups flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon nutmeg
1 cup chocolate chips
Cream together pumpkin, butter, sugar and vanilla.
In separate bowl combine all dry ingredients: flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg.
Add dry ingredients to other mixture. Add chocolate chips.
Drop in teaspoonfulls (I use my small Pampered Chef cookie scoop) onto greased cookie sheet. Bake at 350 until brown (approx 12 minutes, but check at 10) you can tell by lightly tapping top of cookie.
Cook on baking racks. Store in air tight containers or plastic bags.
I don't have a good picture right now, but this is what they looked like while cooling :)
BTW, since we have been trying to incorporate more whole foods and make healthier choices regarding what we put in our bodies I haven't had time to tweak most of our tried and true recipes. Next time I make this I will try adding whole wheat flour and using a healthier natural sweetener. I'll let you know how that turns out :)
1 comment:
-
Anonymous said...
-
I make some like this too! And they are delish. I'll have to compare the recipe! Thanks for sharing! YUMMY!
-
September 25, 2011 at 9:47 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I make some like this too! And they are delish. I'll have to compare the recipe! Thanks for sharing! YUMMY!
Post a Comment