Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday Celebration

Thursday night Tanya, Alina, and I went out to Yamato's, a local japanese restuarant, to celebrate both mine and Tanya's birthday's. It was a nigt of firsts for us all. We rode in Alina's convertible, which was my first convertible ride I think. I quickly decided that while the experiance was a lot of fun, I never want a convertible myself. My hair was a wreck the entire evening, lol!!!


On the way to the restaurant we saw light penetrating through the most beautiful clouds. This picture really doesn't do any justice to the actual beauty of the sky that night..........


I was quite schocked and delighted with the thoughtfulness of my dear friends. They both know me so well and gave me the sweetest gifts. Thank you girls :)




It was also Tanya & Alina's first time eating sushi that was prepared with raw fish. They both throughly enjoyed it. They also tried eel and were surprised that they liked that. We talked Alina into eating a whole glob of wasabi and she thought for a moment she might be immune to its potency, but it finally snuck up on her and and we thought she was going to choke!! Thankfully she didn't, but we did all get quite the laugh. Alina is much braver than I am.

It was such an enjoyable evening and a memorable birthday celebration. Once again I am so grateful to the Lord for providing me with such sweet & godly girlfriends.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Oh, I miss so many of the Japanese dishes! (I think you know that we were stationed in Japan while Josh and Jenny were there, right?) I have to say, though, I never did enjoy the raw stuff... I didn't mind the taste so much, but the texture just really kinda grossed me out, LOL!

I'm glad you and your friends had such a great time celebrating your birthdays! :o) It is nice to have kindred spirits close-by, isn't it?

shauna said...

Hey girlie,
I'm glad y'all had fun on your birthday dinner. Sorry I had to miss it... I was there in spirit. Love ya (and miss ya) we need to get together soon!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you have a wonderful and fun celebration!
~Kelli

Saturday, September 20, 2008

Birthday Celebration

Thursday night Tanya, Alina, and I went out to Yamato's, a local japanese restuarant, to celebrate both mine and Tanya's birthday's. It was a nigt of firsts for us all. We rode in Alina's convertible, which was my first convertible ride I think. I quickly decided that while the experiance was a lot of fun, I never want a convertible myself. My hair was a wreck the entire evening, lol!!!


On the way to the restaurant we saw light penetrating through the most beautiful clouds. This picture really doesn't do any justice to the actual beauty of the sky that night..........


I was quite schocked and delighted with the thoughtfulness of my dear friends. They both know me so well and gave me the sweetest gifts. Thank you girls :)




It was also Tanya & Alina's first time eating sushi that was prepared with raw fish. They both throughly enjoyed it. They also tried eel and were surprised that they liked that. We talked Alina into eating a whole glob of wasabi and she thought for a moment she might be immune to its potency, but it finally snuck up on her and and we thought she was going to choke!! Thankfully she didn't, but we did all get quite the laugh. Alina is much braver than I am.

It was such an enjoyable evening and a memorable birthday celebration. Once again I am so grateful to the Lord for providing me with such sweet & godly girlfriends.

3 comments:

Arlene said...

Oh, I miss so many of the Japanese dishes! (I think you know that we were stationed in Japan while Josh and Jenny were there, right?) I have to say, though, I never did enjoy the raw stuff... I didn't mind the taste so much, but the texture just really kinda grossed me out, LOL!

I'm glad you and your friends had such a great time celebrating your birthdays! :o) It is nice to have kindred spirits close-by, isn't it?

shauna said...

Hey girlie,
I'm glad y'all had fun on your birthday dinner. Sorry I had to miss it... I was there in spirit. Love ya (and miss ya) we need to get together soon!

Kelli said...

Happy Birthday! It looks like you have a wonderful and fun celebration!
~Kelli