Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts From A Grateful Heart

Today started out like any other ordinary weekday. I got Jarred off to school, went to class, then off to work. I called Mom to chat for a few. We were talking about Nanny and my most recent visit. And then I got back to work.... not long after I received an e-mail from Mom stating that Nanny would most likely have to go back to the hospital, but she really didn't know much more. After several phone calls (and tears) later it was decided that Dad should fly down to have a good visit with Nanny this week. This process is hard.... realizing that I will have to let go of someone that is so near and dear to my heart. So, after much talking with Mom & Dad and a lot of crying I went back to work. It is in these times that I know without a shadow of a doubt that I serve a real and living God. His strength and grace never fail me. I cling to the promise that He is our refuge and strength.

I know that when Nanny leaves she will go to be with Jesus and what a wonderful place to be!! But my heart still hurts and yearns for more time with her. However, I am oh so grateful that God saw it fit to allow her to be such an instrumental part of my life. I know that her testimony has not only touched me but everyone with whom she has come in contact with. Nanny has lived a full life and overcome so much in the eight decades that she has been blessed with.

Throughout the day I have reflected on Nanny, my family, and my friends and have seen God's grace and love poured down on me from before I even knew He was there. I equate Nanny's love with that of God's, undeserved yet so unconditional. That is the kind of love mentioned in I Corinthians 1. When I was a wayward child with only myself in mind God loved me.... and Nanny never gave up either......

Today I am thankful for:
Jesus dying for a sinner like me
Knowing that I can rest in His strength when I feel so weak & depleted
The peace that comes in knowing that my family and friends are here to support me.....
The joy that comes in knowing that one day I will be rejoicing with my Savior in Glory Land!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Jillian you are such a caring gal!!

I am so glad our friendship has grown!!
I love you and you better call if you need anything!! MEAN IT!

shauna said...

Jill, I know we've talked about it before, but I am so thankful you have been able to go and spend time with your grandmother. It is comforting to know that when the time comes God is there to greet our loved ones, and to comfort our hearts also. I love you girl. If you need me call me.

p.s. Remember Sarah Groves song: "I know that to be absent from this body, is to be present with the Lord. and from what I know of him, that must be very good..."

Anonymous said...

Jillian,

I pray your Grandmother has a peaceful passing and I know He is your comforter. I want you to kow I am praying for your G'ma and your family. God is so good and He never lets us down. Be strong. And let us know if we can help you in any way.

Love In Christ,
Pat

Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Thoughts From A Grateful Heart

Today started out like any other ordinary weekday. I got Jarred off to school, went to class, then off to work. I called Mom to chat for a few. We were talking about Nanny and my most recent visit. And then I got back to work.... not long after I received an e-mail from Mom stating that Nanny would most likely have to go back to the hospital, but she really didn't know much more. After several phone calls (and tears) later it was decided that Dad should fly down to have a good visit with Nanny this week. This process is hard.... realizing that I will have to let go of someone that is so near and dear to my heart. So, after much talking with Mom & Dad and a lot of crying I went back to work. It is in these times that I know without a shadow of a doubt that I serve a real and living God. His strength and grace never fail me. I cling to the promise that He is our refuge and strength.

I know that when Nanny leaves she will go to be with Jesus and what a wonderful place to be!! But my heart still hurts and yearns for more time with her. However, I am oh so grateful that God saw it fit to allow her to be such an instrumental part of my life. I know that her testimony has not only touched me but everyone with whom she has come in contact with. Nanny has lived a full life and overcome so much in the eight decades that she has been blessed with.

Throughout the day I have reflected on Nanny, my family, and my friends and have seen God's grace and love poured down on me from before I even knew He was there. I equate Nanny's love with that of God's, undeserved yet so unconditional. That is the kind of love mentioned in I Corinthians 1. When I was a wayward child with only myself in mind God loved me.... and Nanny never gave up either......

Today I am thankful for:
Jesus dying for a sinner like me
Knowing that I can rest in His strength when I feel so weak & depleted
The peace that comes in knowing that my family and friends are here to support me.....
The joy that comes in knowing that one day I will be rejoicing with my Savior in Glory Land!!

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Jillian you are such a caring gal!!

I am so glad our friendship has grown!!
I love you and you better call if you need anything!! MEAN IT!

shauna said...

Jill, I know we've talked about it before, but I am so thankful you have been able to go and spend time with your grandmother. It is comforting to know that when the time comes God is there to greet our loved ones, and to comfort our hearts also. I love you girl. If you need me call me.

p.s. Remember Sarah Groves song: "I know that to be absent from this body, is to be present with the Lord. and from what I know of him, that must be very good..."

Anonymous said...

Jillian,

I pray your Grandmother has a peaceful passing and I know He is your comforter. I want you to kow I am praying for your G'ma and your family. God is so good and He never lets us down. Be strong. And let us know if we can help you in any way.

Love In Christ,
Pat