Monday, December 22, 2008

My Weekend

This has been a very busy weekend.

Friday night we had our CHRISTmas party at church.

Me

My new friends (and new members to our church) Danny & Rachel

Shauna & me

Saturday Jarred had play practice, and I spent about 11 hours in the kitchen baking and cooking. By the end of the Day I was EXHAUSTED! Shauna came over and we finished our CHRISTmas baking. I also baked several loaves of bread. I have been given two starters, one for Amish Friendship Bread, and one for regular bread. So I am on a baking frenzy!! It is really nice to have fresh bread all the time though!!

The Fruit (or sweets I should say) of our labor!


The childrens CHRISTmas play was Sunday night. It was about sheep, and was so very cute. I regret that I didn't get any good pictures. My camera was on the fritz that night. Thankfully my cousin Jennifer brought a video camera and taped it for me. THANKS JEN!!! Jarred had a solo in the play and he did so well. It was just adorable. I told him that now that I know he can sing so well he will have to do some songs specials at church!! We had a lot of family come over for the play. It was so special to us both that family came to share the special evening!!

Me and my little sheep :)

















Grandma B & Jarred

I am off until the 5th of January. WHOOOHOOOOO!! I'm not too excited or anything, lol! Really I am so happy to have some time to ourselves. It has been such a hectic semester.
(Side note: Since I work at a college and am in college I seem to live my life by semesters.)
Usually we go to Wisconsin for CHRISTmas. I will really miss the snow and spending CHRISTmas with my family up there, but it will be nice to be home and just relax as well. It is a nice feeling knowing that there is nothing I HAVE to do over the next two weeks. Yes, we do have some plans, but I am going to try really hard to keep my OCD in check and not over plan my time off!!!

It is about 2pm and we are still in our PJ's :) We both slept in really late, ahhhhhh :) Then got up and had a BIG breakfast & Bible time. We are making a gingerbread house today. I will post some pix once it is finished. I think that we may go see CHRISTmas lights tonight as well.

We will be heading over to Panama City for two days to spend CHRISTmas with family over there, but will come home CHRISTmas day and have a CHRISTmas celebration at our house with just the two of us. I don't think that we have ever done that before, so I am really looking forward to it.

Jarred is preparing to go deer hunting soon. He will go practice shooting on Saturday. He is also going camping next week with some friends from church. I know that he will enjoy all that "boy" time, and I will sure enjoy the girl time :)

I hope and pray that you all have a very Merry CHRISTmas!!! We love you all!!

Jill & Jarred

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The Christmas Party was so much fun! I love the new hair too by the way! I wish we were here for the childrens christmas play! ;(

I am so glad your family got to come over for it too~ I know it meant alot!
All the christmas goodies look YUM-O!

Love ya

Jenny said...

Awww man I hate I wasnt there to get them but thanks so much for thinking about me!

Monday, December 22, 2008

My Weekend

This has been a very busy weekend.

Friday night we had our CHRISTmas party at church.

Me

My new friends (and new members to our church) Danny & Rachel

Shauna & me

Saturday Jarred had play practice, and I spent about 11 hours in the kitchen baking and cooking. By the end of the Day I was EXHAUSTED! Shauna came over and we finished our CHRISTmas baking. I also baked several loaves of bread. I have been given two starters, one for Amish Friendship Bread, and one for regular bread. So I am on a baking frenzy!! It is really nice to have fresh bread all the time though!!

The Fruit (or sweets I should say) of our labor!


The childrens CHRISTmas play was Sunday night. It was about sheep, and was so very cute. I regret that I didn't get any good pictures. My camera was on the fritz that night. Thankfully my cousin Jennifer brought a video camera and taped it for me. THANKS JEN!!! Jarred had a solo in the play and he did so well. It was just adorable. I told him that now that I know he can sing so well he will have to do some songs specials at church!! We had a lot of family come over for the play. It was so special to us both that family came to share the special evening!!

Me and my little sheep :)

















Grandma B & Jarred

I am off until the 5th of January. WHOOOHOOOOO!! I'm not too excited or anything, lol! Really I am so happy to have some time to ourselves. It has been such a hectic semester.
(Side note: Since I work at a college and am in college I seem to live my life by semesters.)
Usually we go to Wisconsin for CHRISTmas. I will really miss the snow and spending CHRISTmas with my family up there, but it will be nice to be home and just relax as well. It is a nice feeling knowing that there is nothing I HAVE to do over the next two weeks. Yes, we do have some plans, but I am going to try really hard to keep my OCD in check and not over plan my time off!!!

It is about 2pm and we are still in our PJ's :) We both slept in really late, ahhhhhh :) Then got up and had a BIG breakfast & Bible time. We are making a gingerbread house today. I will post some pix once it is finished. I think that we may go see CHRISTmas lights tonight as well.

We will be heading over to Panama City for two days to spend CHRISTmas with family over there, but will come home CHRISTmas day and have a CHRISTmas celebration at our house with just the two of us. I don't think that we have ever done that before, so I am really looking forward to it.

Jarred is preparing to go deer hunting soon. He will go practice shooting on Saturday. He is also going camping next week with some friends from church. I know that he will enjoy all that "boy" time, and I will sure enjoy the girl time :)

I hope and pray that you all have a very Merry CHRISTmas!!! We love you all!!

Jill & Jarred

2 comments:

Jenny said...

The Christmas Party was so much fun! I love the new hair too by the way! I wish we were here for the childrens christmas play! ;(

I am so glad your family got to come over for it too~ I know it meant alot!
All the christmas goodies look YUM-O!

Love ya

Jenny said...

Awww man I hate I wasnt there to get them but thanks so much for thinking about me!