Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Need to Get Busy!!

Well hey there! I hope that you all had a very Merry CHRISTmas! We had a wonderful time w/ our family over in Panama City. We came home CHRISTmas night and went to spend a little bit of time with some dear friends from church. After that we came home and Jarred and I had a CHRISTmas with just the two of us. That was nice. I believe that it may have been the first time that we have done that. Jarred received tons of stuff of course and was very happy! I got some really great stuff too and am very thankful for the thoughtfulness of all my friends & family. But my best present of all was finding out that my dearest friend Shauna is pregnant!!! What a CHRISTmas blessing. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of her little ones :)

On Friday Jarred, Shauna, and I went to Pensacola. I think that I wore poor Shauna out!!! We went to a lot of places. I got a few sweaters from Old Navy for $10 each. They are so pretty! I am hoping that is will get cold again so that I can wear them. It was actually down in the 30's on the Monday before CHRISTmas, but come CHRISTmas day I was in shorts because it was 70!!! Crazy, I know.

Saturday was a relaxing day. We were so exhausted that we just stayed @ home. On Sunday between church services we went over to Shauna & Jeremy's house for lunch and just to hang out. That was a lot of fun. We had some REALLY good mexican food, thanks Shauna, and played CLUE & Skip Bo. Shauna actually beat me in Skip Bo so there's one to write down, lol!!

Jarred went home with his best friend from church to spend the night on Sunday. His buddy's father was taking them camping Morning and they are coming back today. From what I hear he has had a TON of fun. I am glad that he had the opportunity to get out and do that. It is such a blessing that as a single mother there are other fathers/men in the church that include Jarred in their family activites and he is able to get some "boy time" in!

Well, while he had his "guy time" I had some girl time of my own. I slept in late on Monday and got up and went shopping all by myself. I didn't really buy much, but it is really nice to just get out by myself some times. I am sure that you moms understand that :) On Monday night a bunch of us girls from church whose children went on the camping trip got together for a sleep over. It was a great time!! I regret that I didn't take and pictures, but we were too busy having fun. We played a ton of games and talked till about 3:30 am!!

Needless to say I was pretty tired by yesterday! So I spent that day not doing much at all. For those of you who don't know me well, I am very lazy by nature, lol!! I really enjoy just laying on the couch reading, watching a movie, or knitting.

With all the relaxing and fun that I have been having it is time for me to get busy!! I need to get the whole house cleaned today. I like to start the new year off with a clean home. I would also like to get all the CHRISTmas decorations put away. Don't know if I will accomplish all that today though. Tonight @ church we have a watch night service. This will be the first time I have been to the one at my church as I am usually out of town every year. It begins @ 8pm and lasts till midnight. Being with church family and praying in the new year is the best way to start I think!!

I will post some pix tomorrow~

Have a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments:

Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Need to Get Busy!!

Well hey there! I hope that you all had a very Merry CHRISTmas! We had a wonderful time w/ our family over in Panama City. We came home CHRISTmas night and went to spend a little bit of time with some dear friends from church. After that we came home and Jarred and I had a CHRISTmas with just the two of us. That was nice. I believe that it may have been the first time that we have done that. Jarred received tons of stuff of course and was very happy! I got some really great stuff too and am very thankful for the thoughtfulness of all my friends & family. But my best present of all was finding out that my dearest friend Shauna is pregnant!!! What a CHRISTmas blessing. I am anxiously awaiting the arrival of her little ones :)

On Friday Jarred, Shauna, and I went to Pensacola. I think that I wore poor Shauna out!!! We went to a lot of places. I got a few sweaters from Old Navy for $10 each. They are so pretty! I am hoping that is will get cold again so that I can wear them. It was actually down in the 30's on the Monday before CHRISTmas, but come CHRISTmas day I was in shorts because it was 70!!! Crazy, I know.

Saturday was a relaxing day. We were so exhausted that we just stayed @ home. On Sunday between church services we went over to Shauna & Jeremy's house for lunch and just to hang out. That was a lot of fun. We had some REALLY good mexican food, thanks Shauna, and played CLUE & Skip Bo. Shauna actually beat me in Skip Bo so there's one to write down, lol!!

Jarred went home with his best friend from church to spend the night on Sunday. His buddy's father was taking them camping Morning and they are coming back today. From what I hear he has had a TON of fun. I am glad that he had the opportunity to get out and do that. It is such a blessing that as a single mother there are other fathers/men in the church that include Jarred in their family activites and he is able to get some "boy time" in!

Well, while he had his "guy time" I had some girl time of my own. I slept in late on Monday and got up and went shopping all by myself. I didn't really buy much, but it is really nice to just get out by myself some times. I am sure that you moms understand that :) On Monday night a bunch of us girls from church whose children went on the camping trip got together for a sleep over. It was a great time!! I regret that I didn't take and pictures, but we were too busy having fun. We played a ton of games and talked till about 3:30 am!!

Needless to say I was pretty tired by yesterday! So I spent that day not doing much at all. For those of you who don't know me well, I am very lazy by nature, lol!! I really enjoy just laying on the couch reading, watching a movie, or knitting.

With all the relaxing and fun that I have been having it is time for me to get busy!! I need to get the whole house cleaned today. I like to start the new year off with a clean home. I would also like to get all the CHRISTmas decorations put away. Don't know if I will accomplish all that today though. Tonight @ church we have a watch night service. This will be the first time I have been to the one at my church as I am usually out of town every year. It begins @ 8pm and lasts till midnight. Being with church family and praying in the new year is the best way to start I think!!

I will post some pix tomorrow~

Have a Happy New Year!!!!

No comments: