Jarred started back up in cub scouts this past Thursday. He is working on earning his "Bear" rank this year. He really enjoys scouting and he is learning things I would never even know how to teach him.... like how to use a pocket knife... hmmmmm that one wasn't in my "Mommy Handbook"
Isn't he so cute in his uniform......


We had a bit of a crazy weekend, but life is slowly getting back on track. I have been at my great-grandma's house the last four weekends helping to care for her. I was very encouraged to see that she was doing much better this weekend than last.
Jarred has spent the last two weekends with dear friends from church. I have to digress a bit and just say that I am so very thankful for church family!!!! I don't know what I would do if it were not for the MANY caring ladies from my church that are always there to help in a time of need. Jarred did have a much better time with my church friends the past few weekends than he would have had with me, and I know that he is very grateful for that!!
This past weekend he was in Defuniak Springs with his Sunday school teacher's family, a sweet and dear family that we both cherish. Visiting their house happens to be one of his favorite places in the world! When he is there he gets to be all boy playing out in the woods, riding four wheelers, doing archery, etc... Usually I have to pry him off of their property. Anyway, I got a call yesterday morning while I was over @ Nanny's to let me know that he had been bitten by something and that his right arm was swollen all up. So I rushed home and took him to the ER. Everything was OK but he did have to stay home from school today which means I missed work to..... I do hate missing work BUT it was nice to have a day to catch up. After a visit to his pediatrician today it has been determined that he just had an allergic reaction to whatever bit him... BOYS!! I tell you they are something else....
Here's a few pics from the ER visit.....
"The swelling makes my makes my muscles look really big Mommy." -Jarred
No comments:
Post a Comment