Monday, October 6, 2008
Why Am I Here Anyway.....
This morning as I was reading my Bible and meditating on God's word I was awestruck by a reminder of why the Lord put me on this earth.
As a newly saved Believer I often found myself asking "Why did God go through all the trouble of creating the world and us if He knew that we would only disappoint Him?" There are a million questions that one could ask and still never have the answers on this side of Heaven. This is exactly where faith comes into play. The Bible says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1. The Bible also reminds us to trust God and not lean unto our own understanding, which is tainted with fleshly and worldly things, in Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." So from these two verses alone I realized early in my Christian walk that I didn't have to have all the answers. I simply have to trust God and live my life by faith.
Then one day I stumbled upon this scripture which gave me an entirely new perspective as to why I am here: "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isaiah 43:7. From this scripture I gather that those people that are saved through the Blood of Jesus Christ (there is no other way, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6) are here for His glory. Period.
I come from a selfish background. I am at war with that daily. In my heart I desire nothing more than to please God and to live in such a way that I can show others the love of Christ and point them to Him. But I know that I fail more often than not in this area. This morning the scripture that arrested my attention and led me to searching my heart was 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." Then God reminded me of this scripture: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12. And after that He reminded me of our Lord Jesus crying out to God the father saying "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Everyday I am given countless opportunities to walk with Christ, yet there are times when I still deny Him in order to serve myself or others. Every word I speak or action I take has the ability to leave an eternal effect rather than serving a momentary purpose. I know that I am prone to get caught up in the trappings of this world and that my flesh will always be my enemy. Today however, I want to make a commitment. I would like to commit myself to bringing every thought into the captivity of Christ and examining my desires. I would like to commit myself to shut my mouth and think.... "Is what I am about to think, say, or do furthering the kingdom of God?" Finally I want to make the commitment to take my eyes off of myself and keep them on Jesus.
God put me here to serve Him and I can do that best by letting go of this world and all it's trappings and allowing Him to work through me. By serving Him and living for Him I am glorifying Him. It is not always easy this Christian walk, but when I stumble or tend to loose my way He is the Good Shepard waiting to lead me back to the straight and narrow path.
Please pray for me as I strive to live for Christ and commit myself to Him daily.
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14
As a newly saved Believer I often found myself asking "Why did God go through all the trouble of creating the world and us if He knew that we would only disappoint Him?" There are a million questions that one could ask and still never have the answers on this side of Heaven. This is exactly where faith comes into play. The Bible says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1. The Bible also reminds us to trust God and not lean unto our own understanding, which is tainted with fleshly and worldly things, in Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." So from these two verses alone I realized early in my Christian walk that I didn't have to have all the answers. I simply have to trust God and live my life by faith.
Then one day I stumbled upon this scripture which gave me an entirely new perspective as to why I am here: "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isaiah 43:7. From this scripture I gather that those people that are saved through the Blood of Jesus Christ (there is no other way, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6) are here for His glory. Period.
I come from a selfish background. I am at war with that daily. In my heart I desire nothing more than to please God and to live in such a way that I can show others the love of Christ and point them to Him. But I know that I fail more often than not in this area. This morning the scripture that arrested my attention and led me to searching my heart was 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." Then God reminded me of this scripture: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12. And after that He reminded me of our Lord Jesus crying out to God the father saying "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Everyday I am given countless opportunities to walk with Christ, yet there are times when I still deny Him in order to serve myself or others. Every word I speak or action I take has the ability to leave an eternal effect rather than serving a momentary purpose. I know that I am prone to get caught up in the trappings of this world and that my flesh will always be my enemy. Today however, I want to make a commitment. I would like to commit myself to bringing every thought into the captivity of Christ and examining my desires. I would like to commit myself to shut my mouth and think.... "Is what I am about to think, say, or do furthering the kingdom of God?" Finally I want to make the commitment to take my eyes off of myself and keep them on Jesus.
God put me here to serve Him and I can do that best by letting go of this world and all it's trappings and allowing Him to work through me. By serving Him and living for Him I am glorifying Him. It is not always easy this Christian walk, but when I stumble or tend to loose my way He is the Good Shepard waiting to lead me back to the straight and narrow path.
Please pray for me as I strive to live for Christ and commit myself to Him daily.
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Monday, October 6, 2008
Why Am I Here Anyway.....
This morning as I was reading my Bible and meditating on God's word I was awestruck by a reminder of why the Lord put me on this earth.
As a newly saved Believer I often found myself asking "Why did God go through all the trouble of creating the world and us if He knew that we would only disappoint Him?" There are a million questions that one could ask and still never have the answers on this side of Heaven. This is exactly where faith comes into play. The Bible says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1. The Bible also reminds us to trust God and not lean unto our own understanding, which is tainted with fleshly and worldly things, in Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." So from these two verses alone I realized early in my Christian walk that I didn't have to have all the answers. I simply have to trust God and live my life by faith.
Then one day I stumbled upon this scripture which gave me an entirely new perspective as to why I am here: "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isaiah 43:7. From this scripture I gather that those people that are saved through the Blood of Jesus Christ (there is no other way, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6) are here for His glory. Period.
I come from a selfish background. I am at war with that daily. In my heart I desire nothing more than to please God and to live in such a way that I can show others the love of Christ and point them to Him. But I know that I fail more often than not in this area. This morning the scripture that arrested my attention and led me to searching my heart was 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." Then God reminded me of this scripture: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12. And after that He reminded me of our Lord Jesus crying out to God the father saying "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Everyday I am given countless opportunities to walk with Christ, yet there are times when I still deny Him in order to serve myself or others. Every word I speak or action I take has the ability to leave an eternal effect rather than serving a momentary purpose. I know that I am prone to get caught up in the trappings of this world and that my flesh will always be my enemy. Today however, I want to make a commitment. I would like to commit myself to bringing every thought into the captivity of Christ and examining my desires. I would like to commit myself to shut my mouth and think.... "Is what I am about to think, say, or do furthering the kingdom of God?" Finally I want to make the commitment to take my eyes off of myself and keep them on Jesus.
God put me here to serve Him and I can do that best by letting go of this world and all it's trappings and allowing Him to work through me. By serving Him and living for Him I am glorifying Him. It is not always easy this Christian walk, but when I stumble or tend to loose my way He is the Good Shepard waiting to lead me back to the straight and narrow path.
Please pray for me as I strive to live for Christ and commit myself to Him daily.
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14
As a newly saved Believer I often found myself asking "Why did God go through all the trouble of creating the world and us if He knew that we would only disappoint Him?" There are a million questions that one could ask and still never have the answers on this side of Heaven. This is exactly where faith comes into play. The Bible says "Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen." Hebrews 11:1. The Bible also reminds us to trust God and not lean unto our own understanding, which is tainted with fleshly and worldly things, in Proverbs 3:5 "Trust in the Lord with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding." So from these two verses alone I realized early in my Christian walk that I didn't have to have all the answers. I simply have to trust God and live my life by faith.
Then one day I stumbled upon this scripture which gave me an entirely new perspective as to why I am here: "Even every one that is called by my name: for I have created him for my glory, I have formed him; yea, I have made him." Isaiah 43:7. From this scripture I gather that those people that are saved through the Blood of Jesus Christ (there is no other way, "Jesus answered, 'I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me.'" John 14:6) are here for His glory. Period.
I come from a selfish background. I am at war with that daily. In my heart I desire nothing more than to please God and to live in such a way that I can show others the love of Christ and point them to Him. But I know that I fail more often than not in this area. This morning the scripture that arrested my attention and led me to searching my heart was 2 Chronicles 20:15 "...Thus saith the Lord unto you, Be not afraid nor dismayed by reason of this great multitude; for the battle is not yours, but God's." Then God reminded me of this scripture: "For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places." Eph 6:12. And after that He reminded me of our Lord Jesus crying out to God the father saying "...nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt."
Everyday I am given countless opportunities to walk with Christ, yet there are times when I still deny Him in order to serve myself or others. Every word I speak or action I take has the ability to leave an eternal effect rather than serving a momentary purpose. I know that I am prone to get caught up in the trappings of this world and that my flesh will always be my enemy. Today however, I want to make a commitment. I would like to commit myself to bringing every thought into the captivity of Christ and examining my desires. I would like to commit myself to shut my mouth and think.... "Is what I am about to think, say, or do furthering the kingdom of God?" Finally I want to make the commitment to take my eyes off of myself and keep them on Jesus.
God put me here to serve Him and I can do that best by letting go of this world and all it's trappings and allowing Him to work through me. By serving Him and living for Him I am glorifying Him. It is not always easy this Christian walk, but when I stumble or tend to loose my way He is the Good Shepard waiting to lead me back to the straight and narrow path.
Please pray for me as I strive to live for Christ and commit myself to Him daily.
"I press toward the mark for the prize of the high calling of God in Christ Jesus." Phil 3:14
3 comments:
- Kelly @ The Barefoot Mama said...
-
What an absolutely beautiful and very real post. I go through many of the same feelings and thoughts and praise God that experiencing them always has the same result - greater closeness with Him.
You have a heart so tuned to God, and I thank you for sharing it!
P.S. What a great blog! I'll definitely be back to visit again. :o) Have a lovely week! -
October 6, 2008 at 10:20 PM
- Jenny said...
-
Awesome blog woman! You can tell it is from the heart and researched!! You are an awesome young christian and all you can do is grow! Loveya
-
October 7, 2008 at 10:38 PM
- shauna said...
-
Hey girl,
I just want you to know that I thank God for your testimony and your friendship. You are such an encouragement to me. God brought you along at just the right time in my life.
Luv ya,
Shauna -
October 8, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
What an absolutely beautiful and very real post. I go through many of the same feelings and thoughts and praise God that experiencing them always has the same result - greater closeness with Him.
You have a heart so tuned to God, and I thank you for sharing it!
P.S. What a great blog! I'll definitely be back to visit again. :o) Have a lovely week!
Awesome blog woman! You can tell it is from the heart and researched!! You are an awesome young christian and all you can do is grow! Loveya
Hey girl,
I just want you to know that I thank God for your testimony and your friendship. You are such an encouragement to me. God brought you along at just the right time in my life.
Luv ya,
Shauna
Post a Comment