Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Mousse

(I ate mine too quickly to take a picture of it, so this picture is taken from the web!)

As most of you know I am absolutely obsessed with anything pumpkin-y (yes.... that is my new word!) this time of year. I recently found the most delicious recipe for pumpkin mousse that is to-die-for good!! It is also very simple to make.

Pumpkin Mousse

15 oz pure pumpkin
2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 c. heavy cream

1) In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, & nutmeg until well blended. In a medium bowl with a mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
2) With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin mix 1/3 at a time.
3) Spoon into serving dish of your choice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Prior to serving add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.

We are having a "cookie day" at work on Tuesday (everyone is bringing cookies to share :) ). I think that I may make pumpkin mousse cups by slicing sugar cookie dough and pressing it into my Pampered Chef mini muffin pans then baking it. I will pipe in the mousse once the cups have cooled and then top with whipped cream & shaved chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian, Sounds so yummy! Guess what, we are having a Pumpkin Trifle at my PC party. Boohoo, I'll eat some for ya! We'll miss you!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, this sounds yummy! :D Thank you fors haring the recipe!

Also, thank you for coming by my blog today to enter the giveaway! Good luck!

Sherry

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Pumpkin Mousse

(I ate mine too quickly to take a picture of it, so this picture is taken from the web!)

As most of you know I am absolutely obsessed with anything pumpkin-y (yes.... that is my new word!) this time of year. I recently found the most delicious recipe for pumpkin mousse that is to-die-for good!! It is also very simple to make.

Pumpkin Mousse

15 oz pure pumpkin
2/3 c. packed light brown sugar
1 tsp. cinnamon
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1 1/2 c. heavy cream

1) In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, sugar, cinnamon, & nutmeg until well blended. In a medium bowl with a mixer at medium speed, beat heavy cream until soft peaks form.
2) With a rubber spatula, gently fold whipped cream into pumpkin mix 1/3 at a time.
3) Spoon into serving dish of your choice. Cover and refrigerate until ready to serve. Prior to serving add a dollop of whipped cream and sprinkle with grated chocolate.

We are having a "cookie day" at work on Tuesday (everyone is bringing cookies to share :) ). I think that I may make pumpkin mousse cups by slicing sugar cookie dough and pressing it into my Pampered Chef mini muffin pans then baking it. I will pipe in the mousse once the cups have cooled and then top with whipped cream & shaved chocolate.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Jillian, Sounds so yummy! Guess what, we are having a Pumpkin Trifle at my PC party. Boohoo, I'll eat some for ya! We'll miss you!

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Oh, this sounds yummy! :D Thank you fors haring the recipe!

Also, thank you for coming by my blog today to enter the giveaway! Good luck!

Sherry