Saturday, June 5, 2010

Home for a few days...

I was so excited last night I could barely sleep. I knew that I would get to come home for a couple of days and I suppose that was too much excitement for me to contain. First thing this morning I was up, packed, dressed, and ready to go. I got my PIC line taken out finally :) The port is doing well. They only leave it accessed while I am in the hospital, so I have nothing dangley and weird hanging off of me at the current moment! I think my Dr's were quite amused with me. Thankfully they had me out of the hospital pretty early. I usually sleep the whole way home, but again I was too excited to sleep much.We came home and dropped my stuff off then went to the church to meet Jarred. He didn't know I was coming to the last minute. He isn't as apt to beam from excitement upon my arrival, but I can tell from the time he's spent tinkering around the house that he is happy to be here and happy I am here as well.

I will be staying till Monday morning and will then be heading back to Gainsville. I have several scans and MRI's Monday evening. Then Tuesday morning I will be admitted for another round of chemo. Hopefully I will get to come home next weekend as well seeing as how I won't have to be back until 15th. I will be having the surgery on the 17th. Still a little nervous about this, but I am trying my best to trust the Lord with whatever the outcome may be.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy this precious and sweet time I have at home with my boy.

1 comment:

shauna said...

So glad that you get to spend some time with Jarred! I know he's glad to have his mama home. Praying for you. Love you <3

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Home for a few days...

I was so excited last night I could barely sleep. I knew that I would get to come home for a couple of days and I suppose that was too much excitement for me to contain. First thing this morning I was up, packed, dressed, and ready to go. I got my PIC line taken out finally :) The port is doing well. They only leave it accessed while I am in the hospital, so I have nothing dangley and weird hanging off of me at the current moment! I think my Dr's were quite amused with me. Thankfully they had me out of the hospital pretty early. I usually sleep the whole way home, but again I was too excited to sleep much.We came home and dropped my stuff off then went to the church to meet Jarred. He didn't know I was coming to the last minute. He isn't as apt to beam from excitement upon my arrival, but I can tell from the time he's spent tinkering around the house that he is happy to be here and happy I am here as well.

I will be staying till Monday morning and will then be heading back to Gainsville. I have several scans and MRI's Monday evening. Then Tuesday morning I will be admitted for another round of chemo. Hopefully I will get to come home next weekend as well seeing as how I won't have to be back until 15th. I will be having the surgery on the 17th. Still a little nervous about this, but I am trying my best to trust the Lord with whatever the outcome may be.

In the meantime, I am going to enjoy this precious and sweet time I have at home with my boy.

1 comment:

shauna said...

So glad that you get to spend some time with Jarred! I know he's glad to have his mama home. Praying for you. Love you <3