Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Schedule Update

I am back in Gainsville now. They should be giving my chemo any time now. There is a possibility that I may get to go home for two days this weekend. Don't mention that to Jarred, as I don't want him to be disapointed if it doesn't work out that way. I had my port installed this morning and that went well. My neck and chest are quite sore from where they placed it, but it's not too bad. I got an updated schedule today for the next three weeks. I have to be back in Gainsville by 4:30 on Monday to have a CT scan of my chest. This is when they will look at those spots they saw in my lungs to determine whether or not the cancer did actually metastasize and if so what the status is now that I have had several rounds of chemo. They will also be doing an MRI of my hip/pelvis area. This will be to determine what type of surgery will need to be performed to remove the tumor. I'm still praying that they will not have to amputate my leg. I'd really like to keep it. I'm afraid of that whole process. Of finding out. Of what life will be like if they do take my leg, etc. But I am also trying to lean not unto my own understanding. I'm trying to trust. Sometimes it's so hard! The surgery is scheduled for June 17th. Please be with me in prayer these next couple of weeks.

I'm doing well right now. I feel good and am in good spirits. I miss home like crazy already. I miss Jarred even more. The last couple of days have been crazy. The Lord is working in some mighty mysterious ways. I'm really leaning on Romans 8:28 and trusting that all this craziness is somehow working to our good.

I've been thinking a lot on eternal things and have had a positive change in my perspective. I will post more about that later. Just wanted to let you all know that I am here and ok. I love you all and thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

momof5girls said...

Love you too Jill! I'm glad your port went well this time and hope the chemo isn't so rough this time. It is def. on my mind constantly about the MRI and you being able to keep your leg. I am glad to hear you speak of your fear; I know it's real and normal, and I know that you are fighting with everything that is within you to trust and rest in the Lord. You are a good testimony for the Lord. I love you!

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Schedule Update

I am back in Gainsville now. They should be giving my chemo any time now. There is a possibility that I may get to go home for two days this weekend. Don't mention that to Jarred, as I don't want him to be disapointed if it doesn't work out that way. I had my port installed this morning and that went well. My neck and chest are quite sore from where they placed it, but it's not too bad. I got an updated schedule today for the next three weeks. I have to be back in Gainsville by 4:30 on Monday to have a CT scan of my chest. This is when they will look at those spots they saw in my lungs to determine whether or not the cancer did actually metastasize and if so what the status is now that I have had several rounds of chemo. They will also be doing an MRI of my hip/pelvis area. This will be to determine what type of surgery will need to be performed to remove the tumor. I'm still praying that they will not have to amputate my leg. I'd really like to keep it. I'm afraid of that whole process. Of finding out. Of what life will be like if they do take my leg, etc. But I am also trying to lean not unto my own understanding. I'm trying to trust. Sometimes it's so hard! The surgery is scheduled for June 17th. Please be with me in prayer these next couple of weeks.

I'm doing well right now. I feel good and am in good spirits. I miss home like crazy already. I miss Jarred even more. The last couple of days have been crazy. The Lord is working in some mighty mysterious ways. I'm really leaning on Romans 8:28 and trusting that all this craziness is somehow working to our good.

I've been thinking a lot on eternal things and have had a positive change in my perspective. I will post more about that later. Just wanted to let you all know that I am here and ok. I love you all and thank you for your prayers.

1 comment:

momof5girls said...

Love you too Jill! I'm glad your port went well this time and hope the chemo isn't so rough this time. It is def. on my mind constantly about the MRI and you being able to keep your leg. I am glad to hear you speak of your fear; I know it's real and normal, and I know that you are fighting with everything that is within you to trust and rest in the Lord. You are a good testimony for the Lord. I love you!