Saturday, June 19, 2010
Surgery went well!
I have been doing well emotionally. I've only had one "moment," but it didn't last long. I am having phantom sensations and pain which is very strange. I'll go to move and although I feel very "light" I feel shooting sensations down where my leg used to be and into my toes. This is normal and will most likely last for several months if not forever. All in all I feel good. I'm very tired and have hardly been able to keep my eyes open (I've dozed off several times while typing this!)
PT has been coming in every day since the surgery and working with me. Each day they push me to do a little more. The first day they got me to sit up on the side of the bed and practice some balancing exercises. Today they got me to sit up on the side of the bed, stand and take a few steps forward and backward using a walker. I didn't think any of this would be possible after surgery, but PT really pushes you to get moving quickly. They say the sooner the better as far as recovery time is considered. How awesome would it be if I could maneuver well enough to be OK when the discharge me? They say the hospital stay is only 5-7 days which doesn't seem like long enough to me for this major surgery, but they know best :/ Since I'm doing so well I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked me out after 5 days! At least then I would get to spend some more time with my mom at home.
Well, the nurses are getting onto me because i took off my pulse-ox thingy from my finger to I could type faster. They're saying I need to get it back on.
I'll type more later when the pulse-ox nazi's aren't after me :) I love you all and thank you again for your prayers. Keep them coming because I know this big adjustment is going to be hard.
Saturday, June 19, 2010
Surgery went well!
I have been doing well emotionally. I've only had one "moment," but it didn't last long. I am having phantom sensations and pain which is very strange. I'll go to move and although I feel very "light" I feel shooting sensations down where my leg used to be and into my toes. This is normal and will most likely last for several months if not forever. All in all I feel good. I'm very tired and have hardly been able to keep my eyes open (I've dozed off several times while typing this!)
PT has been coming in every day since the surgery and working with me. Each day they push me to do a little more. The first day they got me to sit up on the side of the bed and practice some balancing exercises. Today they got me to sit up on the side of the bed, stand and take a few steps forward and backward using a walker. I didn't think any of this would be possible after surgery, but PT really pushes you to get moving quickly. They say the sooner the better as far as recovery time is considered. How awesome would it be if I could maneuver well enough to be OK when the discharge me? They say the hospital stay is only 5-7 days which doesn't seem like long enough to me for this major surgery, but they know best :/ Since I'm doing so well I wouldn't be surprised if they kicked me out after 5 days! At least then I would get to spend some more time with my mom at home.
Well, the nurses are getting onto me because i took off my pulse-ox thingy from my finger to I could type faster. They're saying I need to get it back on.
I'll type more later when the pulse-ox nazi's aren't after me :) I love you all and thank you again for your prayers. Keep them coming because I know this big adjustment is going to be hard.
5 comments:
-
Anonymous said...
-
Beautiful testimony of God's grace, His tender mercies, His love, and the strength He gives to His dear children. I'm sure you are very precious in His sight! You are beautiful in so many ways, especially as His light shines so brightly through you.
Continuing in prayer for you.
With Love,
Kelly Waldrep -
June 19, 2010 at 10:36 PM
- shauna said...
-
So glad to hear that everything went well! I am so thankful that you have wise doctors and that you made the best decision for surgery. Love you and praying for you <3
-
June 20, 2010 at 6:52 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Jillian I am humbled by you. You have grow as a Christian soooo much this past year. I am so very thankful that you are doing well and that things went well. You have witnessed to so many people through what you have been through and how you have handled things. You are a very strong Chritian. Love you Robin McNeill
-
June 21, 2010 at 11:48 AM
-
Jessica Nahra said...
-
I had to chuckle at your taking the finger thing off to type faster and the nurses getting on you for it. LOL. Jillian, are you one of "THOSE" patients? :)
I'm glad to hear you're doing pretty well. I'm always inspired reading your blogs.
Stay strong girl! So far you've been amazing...keep it up! -
June 23, 2010 at 8:56 AM
- Callie Rawles said...
-
Jillian, I don't even know what to say except that you are an amazing person! I love you so much and am praying for you! Just know that you're in our prayers and let us know if you need anything! ~Callie
-
June 23, 2010 at 5:42 PM
5 comments:
Beautiful testimony of God's grace, His tender mercies, His love, and the strength He gives to His dear children. I'm sure you are very precious in His sight! You are beautiful in so many ways, especially as His light shines so brightly through you.
Continuing in prayer for you.
With Love,
Kelly Waldrep
So glad to hear that everything went well! I am so thankful that you have wise doctors and that you made the best decision for surgery. Love you and praying for you <3
Jillian I am humbled by you. You have grow as a Christian soooo much this past year. I am so very thankful that you are doing well and that things went well. You have witnessed to so many people through what you have been through and how you have handled things. You are a very strong Chritian. Love you Robin McNeill
I had to chuckle at your taking the finger thing off to type faster and the nurses getting on you for it. LOL. Jillian, are you one of "THOSE" patients? :)
I'm glad to hear you're doing pretty well. I'm always inspired reading your blogs.
Stay strong girl! So far you've been amazing...keep it up!
Jillian, I don't even know what to say except that you are an amazing person! I love you so much and am praying for you! Just know that you're in our prayers and let us know if you need anything! ~Callie
Post a Comment