Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Trusting the Lord with All my Heart & Sharing it with you
There were numerous decisions made today and a game plan for tomorrow. YAY!! In the morning I will be having an MRI on my heart to rule out any abnormalities. After that I will be having a TEE (TransEsophageal Echo). This is to make sure there are no blood clots on the back of my heart. Then I will have a cardioversion. This procedure gives the heart a quick shock to pop it back into a normal rhythm/rate. The change is immediate. If all of this goes well and my heart gets back to it's normal rhythm/rate then onward we will march with chemo.
I have prayed a lot about this issue and I know many others are as well. The cardiologist that I am seeing and that will be performing the procedure is the head cardiologist at UF/Shands. She is very confident that this is what I need. I do feel like this is the Lord's answer to our many prayers. However, the procedure itself is quite scary to me. I've been told that it takes maybe five minutes to perform. I just don't quite have peace about it.
Through the many tribulations that I've encountered over the past several months The Lord opened my eyes and I've seen Him become more real to me than ever before. The bible says "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;" Romans 5:3. The truth is that this journey is hard. There are days, like today, that I feel like it's almost too much. It is an awful lot to take all of this in. God knows it's a lot though. He knows. Simply put. I praise God for bringing me this far. I praise Him for my salvation and I will praise him for this tribulation as well.
All of my life Nanny wrote Proverbs 3:5-6 on any correspondence we had. I believe it was her favorite verse. Tonight I have cried out to the Lord. I have poured out my heart to Him on a few different matters. Yesterday and all day today the verse that continually comes to my heart is Proverbs 3:5-6. I've never before related so closely with that verse. Tomorrow I have to quite literally trust the Lord with my heart. Tonight I'm still a little nervous, but I know that in the morning Jesus will be here comforting me and giving me that peace that passes all understanding. Jesus knows my fears, He understands the emotions toiling inside of me, and only He knows how to speak comfort to them. I desperately want to trust more. I want to be a godly woman that pleases the Lord. My desire is to trust the Lord with ALL of my heart. I suppose that if it takes a few of these physical infirmities to teach me how to really trust Him with all my heart it will be worth it all when we see Jesus.
By The Way.....mri, tee, & cardioversion all start at 7am eastern time.
Wednesday, April 28, 2010
Trusting the Lord with All my Heart & Sharing it with you
There were numerous decisions made today and a game plan for tomorrow. YAY!! In the morning I will be having an MRI on my heart to rule out any abnormalities. After that I will be having a TEE (TransEsophageal Echo). This is to make sure there are no blood clots on the back of my heart. Then I will have a cardioversion. This procedure gives the heart a quick shock to pop it back into a normal rhythm/rate. The change is immediate. If all of this goes well and my heart gets back to it's normal rhythm/rate then onward we will march with chemo.
I have prayed a lot about this issue and I know many others are as well. The cardiologist that I am seeing and that will be performing the procedure is the head cardiologist at UF/Shands. She is very confident that this is what I need. I do feel like this is the Lord's answer to our many prayers. However, the procedure itself is quite scary to me. I've been told that it takes maybe five minutes to perform. I just don't quite have peace about it.
Through the many tribulations that I've encountered over the past several months The Lord opened my eyes and I've seen Him become more real to me than ever before. The bible says "And not only so, but we glory in tribulations also: knowing that tribulation worketh patience;" Romans 5:3. The truth is that this journey is hard. There are days, like today, that I feel like it's almost too much. It is an awful lot to take all of this in. God knows it's a lot though. He knows. Simply put. I praise God for bringing me this far. I praise Him for my salvation and I will praise him for this tribulation as well.
All of my life Nanny wrote Proverbs 3:5-6 on any correspondence we had. I believe it was her favorite verse. Tonight I have cried out to the Lord. I have poured out my heart to Him on a few different matters. Yesterday and all day today the verse that continually comes to my heart is Proverbs 3:5-6. I've never before related so closely with that verse. Tomorrow I have to quite literally trust the Lord with my heart. Tonight I'm still a little nervous, but I know that in the morning Jesus will be here comforting me and giving me that peace that passes all understanding. Jesus knows my fears, He understands the emotions toiling inside of me, and only He knows how to speak comfort to them. I desperately want to trust more. I want to be a godly woman that pleases the Lord. My desire is to trust the Lord with ALL of my heart. I suppose that if it takes a few of these physical infirmities to teach me how to really trust Him with all my heart it will be worth it all when we see Jesus.
By The Way.....mri, tee, & cardioversion all start at 7am eastern time.
3 comments:
- Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...
-
Praying for you for God's comfort and strength. I also pray for the doctors' wisdom in what is going on.
Hugs!
Sherry -
April 28, 2010 at 7:24 AM
- shauna said...
-
Jill-
I truly think there is much comfort in admitting to God how we are feeling. I think sometimes we perceive "trusting God" as never being afraid or upset and we try to hold the fear in and be "strong". God knows our hearts, he knows that we are human and he loves to hear us cry to him. Remember the verse about him putting our tears in a bottle? I will be praying that you will get answers today and be able to move forward with chemo. I pray God will give you peace about the procedures doctors are ordering for you. I pray you will have God's peace that passes all understanding. I love you friend. I pray you have a very blessed day -
April 28, 2010 at 8:12 AM
-
Anonymous said...
-
Love you! Praying the Lord will wrap his arms around you today through it all. I know it's a little late. Praying for you!
-
April 28, 2010 at 10:26 AM
3 comments:
Praying for you for God's comfort and strength. I also pray for the doctors' wisdom in what is going on.
Hugs!
Sherry
Jill-
I truly think there is much comfort in admitting to God how we are feeling. I think sometimes we perceive "trusting God" as never being afraid or upset and we try to hold the fear in and be "strong". God knows our hearts, he knows that we are human and he loves to hear us cry to him. Remember the verse about him putting our tears in a bottle? I will be praying that you will get answers today and be able to move forward with chemo. I pray God will give you peace about the procedures doctors are ordering for you. I pray you will have God's peace that passes all understanding. I love you friend. I pray you have a very blessed day
Love you! Praying the Lord will wrap his arms around you today through it all. I know it's a little late. Praying for you!
Post a Comment